Now designers come out in support of animalsMarch 24th, 2012 - 4:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 24 (IANS) After Bollywood celebrities like Shahid Kapoor, Dia Mirza and Sonam Kapoor, a slew of designers have taken a step ahead to create awareness to save animals against cruelty.
Designer’s Inc. in association with animal rights organisation People for Animals (PFA) gave a preview of their spring-summer collection as a gesture to support animals against cruelty here Friday night.
The collection included silverware by Anupama Jalan and Udyanka Aggarwal from the label Ams Dharohar, polki and diamond jewellery by Purnima Jhunjhunwala of Vasundhara and apparel line by fashion designer Upasana Jaipuria.
“Being citizens of India and responsible designers, it’s our duty to spread the word in a positive way and let the world realise how inhuman they are with animals. My collection is a dedication to all those animals who are becoming a victim of inhuman behaviour,” Jaipuria told IANS.
The collections will be on sale at the exhibition scheduled for April 2. Also on display will be designer mugs and hand-painted t-shirts by PFA.
- Special art mugs to rescue of stray animals - Jul 13, 2011
- Tarun Tahiliani to design for Upasna-Ram Charan wedding (With Image) - Jun 12, 2012
- Sonam invited to Salvatore Ferragamo headquarter - Feb 16, 2012
- Try a kundan choker with that gown (Feature) - Aug 09, 2011
- Posh to send selection of dresses to newest fan Kate Middleton - Feb 14, 2011
- Spring at LFW: Buyers, designers welcome seasonal shift - Mar 10, 2010
- Manish Malhotra to open Delhi Couture week - Jul 12, 2012
- Gaurav Gupta wins international designer award - Oct 25, 2011
- Bollywood cheers for Farah Khan at jewellery week - Aug 16, 2010
- Thanks to Sonam, Anil Kapoor gets invited to fashion events - Sep 10, 2012
- Sonam Kapoor becomes face of India International Jewellery Week - Jun 07, 2011
- Indian designer to show at London's art gallery (With Image) - Jul 21, 2011
- Felix Bendish to launch clutch line in WIFW - Oct 04, 2011
- LFW Winter-Festive puts spotlight on new talents, Indian weaves (Curtain-raiser ) - Aug 01, 2012
- 'Elizabethan Era' inspires Shantanu-Nikhil (With Image) - Jul 15, 2011
Tags: aggarwal, animal rights, apparel line, bollywood celebrities, designer mugs, dia mirza, diamond jewellery, fashion designer, friday night, gesture, inhuman behaviour, jhunjhunwala, New Delhi, polki, shahid kapoor, slew, sonam kapoor, spring summer, vasundhara, world realise