Now, buy Chanel-style it purse for just PS6January 5th, 2009 - 4:07 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 5 (ANI): In the modern era, where designer purses cost thousands, a bargain store in Britain has come up with trendy handbags costing just 6 pounds.
Bargain fashion store Primark is selling the stylish clutches, inspired by a 700 pounds Chanel design. More than 150,000 of the bags have already been sold.
The Primarks leather-look vinyl bag features a Chanel-style chain strap and folding clasp closure.
Some have even dubbed it the Sham-el bag because of its designer mimicry.
Sales are exceptional its been flying out of the stores, the Sun quoted a Primark spokesperson as saying.
Black is the most popular colour and is almost sold out. It is Primarks most popular bag so far and is in constant demand.
The yellow, red and black ones were speed sellers, with the bright turquoise, blue, beige and grey following, he added.
This is the definite High Street hero-bag of the year and its still going strong, said Ali Hall, editor of fashion mag Look as saying.
Everyone wants to copy celebrities such as Fearne Cotton, Kelly Osbourne and Sinitta, who have all been seen with the real Chanel version.
There hasnt been a party or premiere I have attended this year without spotting at least one, and often a handful, she added. (ANI)
- Bags go bling with rubies and emeralds (With Images) - Apr 09, 2010
- Menswear Fashion Label Includes £185 Paper Bag - Aug 31, 2012
- Kate Moss launches jewellery collection - Oct 06, 2011
- Primark selling padded bikinis for 7-year-olds - Apr 14, 2010
- Mary, Ashley to design luxury handbag range - Jul 15, 2011
- Sunanda Pushkar spotted at WIFW - Apr 08, 2011
- When fashion went boho and vintage (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 16, 2011
- Kate Middleton inspires nail polish collection - Sep 04, 2011
- Chuck white this summer, don coloured accessories - May 03, 2012
- Bollywood tunes set mood at Pakistan Bridal Week - Dec 19, 2011
- Longchamp - What Does Longchamp Have Especially For Facebook Users? - Nov 27, 2010
- Margaret Thatcher's handbag sells for 25,000 pounds - Jun 28, 2011
- A mix of nature, fashion at bridal week show - Nov 01, 2010
- British kids carry modern gadgets to school - Sep 01, 2011
- Karl Lagerfeld apologises to Adele - Apr 04, 2012
Tags: ali, bargain store, chanel, clasp closure, clutches, designer purses, fashion mag, fashion store, fearne cotton, handbags, handful, kelly osbourne, london jan, mimicry, primark, purse, sham, spokesperson, street hero, style chain