Now, Brit civil servants get grooming lessons!April 21st, 2008 - 2:30 pm ICT by admin
London, Apr.21 (ANI): Senior British bureaucrats are being offered taxpayer-funded classes to improve their dress sense and personal grooming.
The two-day course at the National School of Government costs 970 pounds and aims to help participants “balance the professional persona with natural style”, reports The Telegraph.
Apart from being advised about the importance of keeping hair and nails clean and shown how to apply subtle make-up, Whitehalls mandarins are taken on a tour of shops where they are given tips about how to match their body shape and colouring with the clothes they buy.
The course, called Developing Style and Presence, includes coaching on good posture using the Alexander Technique, which helps banish habits that aggravate or can cause stress, pain and under-performance.
It has proved so popular that next month’s course for senior and middle managers is fully booked.
Philip Hammond, the Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury, however, said the Government must do better that sending civil servants on grooming courses, which seemed a ridiculous waste of money. (ANI)
- Law obsessed with manicures - May 08, 2012
- Philips launches bodygroom product for men - Jul 20, 2012
- Lessons for Brit girls on how to walk in heels branded 'a silly gimmick' - Jun 09, 2010
- Rajesh Pratap and Ambika Pillai To Give New Look To Indigo's Cabin Crew - Aug 18, 2010
- P.C. Alexander, former Indira Gandhi aide, is dead (Third Lead) - Aug 10, 2011
- P.C. Alexander, former Indira Gandhi aide, is dead (Second Lead) - Aug 10, 2011
- How hoax of UFOs landing in UK sparked nationwide panic in 1967 - Mar 05, 2011
- Marilyn Monroe inspires beauty range - Feb 23, 2012
- Now, 'Brit Govt websites could be hacked in Wikileaks revenge attacks - Dec 14, 2010
- Liam Fox steps down as defence secretary - Oct 15, 2011
- Six British soldiers feared killed in Afghanistan blast - Mar 07, 2012
- No make-up for Mirren in 'The Temptest' - Mar 09, 2011
- Oz women spend 6 days a year looking into the mirror! - Nov 07, 2010
- Simon Cowell, David Beckham snubbed for knighthood - Dec 25, 2010
- Union expresses anger over British Council outsourcing jobs to India - Jul 29, 2009
Tags: aims, alexander technique, body shape, bureaucrats, civil servants, colouring, dress sense, good posture, government costs, grooming courses, mandarins, middle managers, nails, natural style, philip hammond, posture, professional persona, ridiculous waste, shadow chief secretary, waste of money