Now, bra inserts, shoulder pads called the iPads!January 29th, 2010 - 5:12 pm ICT by ANI
Toronto, Jan 29 (ANI): When Apple CEO Steve Jobs introduced the company’s latest tablet PC, the iPad, he might not have thought that a Canadian company is selling bust-enhancing bra inserts by the same name.A small Canadian company called Coconut Grove Pads Inc. has been making a line of polyurethane bra inserts and shoulder pads registered as the iPad, since 2007.
Coconut Grove’s president, Hylton Karon described the products as “you know, little quickies you ladies use to enhance.”
The Markham, Ont.-based company, which manufactures bras under the brand name The Natural, owns the iPad trademark in the United States.
“Unfortunately, we didn’t register it for electronics or we’d all be retired,” the Globe and Mail quoted Karon as saying on Thursday.
However, Coconut Grove has no ambitions to go up against Apple in court. In fact, Karon said the publicity is good.
While his company “never made any intimation of being related to the big Apple,” Karon said he did want to capitalize on the awareness of the i-brand.
“It’s i-everything these days. It’s just a play on what’s become so familiar,” he said.
And for the time being, he will continue marketing his iPads, which come in sizes B to DD, to insert in bras to give a woman’s figure a bit of boost. (ANI)
- Apple pays $60 mn for iPad trademark in China - Jul 02, 2012
- Steve Jobs makes surprise appearance to unveil iPad2 - Mar 03, 2011
- Chinese retailers stop Apple iPad sales - Feb 18, 2012
- Apple's new iPad today to kick off tablet war - Mar 02, 2011
- New iPad sales top 3 mn: Apple - Mar 20, 2012
- Apple plans new-generation iPad event - Feb 29, 2012
- Apple's new iPad faces ban in China - Mar 08, 2012
- New iPad to go on sale Friday: Apple - Mar 15, 2012
- New iPad Mini to be released in October - Aug 27, 2012
- BlackBerry signs Indian-led company for tablet apps - Mar 31, 2011
- British school to give iPads to 1,400 students - Jul 15, 2011
- New Apple iPad in wi-fi trouble? - Mar 23, 2012
- Apple iPad 2 hits Indian market - Apr 29, 2011
- Apple quarterly results exceed expectations - Apr 25, 2012
- Playboy's uncensored pictures will soon be available on iPad - Jan 20, 2011
Tags: ambitions, apple ceo, bra inserts, brand name, bust, coconut grove pads, coconut grove pads inc, dd, globe and mail, hylton, intimation, ipad, ipads, jan 29, karon, markham, polyurethane, shoulder pads, steve jobs, tablet pc