Now, Archana Kochhar designs for metrosexual men (With Image)April 5th, 2012 - 6:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 5 (IANS) It seems like designing for men is the latest trend among female designers. Archana Kochhar is the latest to join the list, which aleady has names like Anita Dongre, Masaba Gupta and Krishna Mehta. She says men’s interest in trends inspired her to try her handand that her collection is for metrosexual guys.
“Women’s wear has been my forte, but designing menswear is a different experience. Designer menswear has limited accessibility in India, but with men opening up to the latest trends and experimenting with their looks, we designers are coming up with new varieties,” Kochhar told IANS.
“My menswear line is meant for all those metrosexual men who want their style quotient to do the talking,” she added.
She has titled her collection Barcode and it is dominated by stripes and checks on shirts, cropped pants, kurtas and shorts. The designer has used a lot of linen, cotton and khadi in black, white and neon.
“The look of the collection is kept relaxed and casual, with shirts left unbuttoned, sleeves rolled up, teamed up with cropped pants and beach shorts,” said the designer.
“Suitable for a beach resort or a bar, the collection is ideal for those who want to relax with style in the summer heat.”
The collection available at the designer’s store with the price starting at Rs.1,300 and going up to Rs.3,000.
- Designer Anita Dongre launches menswear line - Mar 26, 2012
- Indian designer menswear market has come of age: Anita Dongre (With Images) - Apr 01, 2012
- Dhoti-clad Prateik walks the ramp for Masaba - Mar 02, 2012
- Celebrities? Who knows? But trends for sure at men's week (Curtainraiser) - Sep 01, 2011
- Go for Pakistani fashion this Eid: Archana Kochhar - Nov 06, 2011
- Indian designs, Bollywood dominate RFW opening day - May 25, 2012
- Accessories to dominate Sanchita's menswear line - Aug 29, 2011
- Dongre's tribute to Indian textiles at LFW (With Images) - Jul 28, 2012
- Shabana Azmi cheers for Anita Dongre at WIFW - Oct 12, 2011
- Retro to Hawaiian with a twist: Summer fashion for men - May 22, 2012
- LIBER NEW YORK for men launched by female designer - Sep 25, 2010
- Go for cotton this wedding season, says Anita Dongre - May 09, 2012
- Sanchita gets inspired by wild west at LFW - Aug 07, 2012
- Archana Kochhar's special designs for summer brides (With Image) - Mar 09, 2012
- When fashion went boho and vintage (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 16, 2011
Tags: accessibility, anita dongre, barcode, beach shorts, black white, checks, designer menswear, designers, khadi, krishna mehta, kurtas, latest trends, linen, masaba gupta, neon, New Delhi, quotient, rs 1, stripes, summer heat