Now Agra has its own anthemMarch 21st, 2012 - 5:41 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, March 21 (IANS) The city of the Taj Mahal has got its own anthem and it is being played at road junctions, schools and colleges as a part of the ongoing Taj Mahotsav.
The 11-day Mahotsav will end March 26.
Titled “Mere Agra, oh mere Agra…”, the song was launched Sunday by Mayor Anjula Singh Mahaur. Its CDs are being distributed in schools to popularise it.
“Mere Agra, oh mere Agra…” has been penned by eminent poet Shiv Shankar Sharma and sung by pop singer Babul Supriyo. Adesh Srivastav has composed the music.
The song, which glorfies the monuments, the Yamuna ghats and the poetry of Ghalib and Mir, is an initiative by the Hindi daily Dainik Jagran to motivate people to work for the city’s growth and promotion.
- Taj Mahotsav to focus on Ghalib, Mir - Jan 04, 2011
- Agra mayor makes movie debut with 'Democracy' - Mar 29, 2011
- Agra's unique Bhagat singing finds new patrons - Mar 28, 2012
- Agra to run for world peace on Valentine's Day - Feb 11, 2011
- Agra businessman to immortalise Husain with museum - Jun 12, 2011
- Has Mirza Ghalib's birthplace forgotten its most famous son? - Dec 27, 2011
- Agra mayor quits BJP, joins SP - Jan 20, 2012
- Most expensive coin on Taj to be released in Paris - Nov 14, 2010
- Protests in Agra against Queen's baton - Sep 19, 2010
- Agra residents laud Surdas on his birthday - May 18, 2010
- Taj festival a letdown, feels tourism industry - Feb 28, 2011
- Mir Taqi Mir remembered on 200th death anniversary - Jan 10, 2010
- Ghalib who? Agra forgets its cultural past (Dec 27 is Mirza Ghalib's 213th birthday) - Dec 26, 2010
- Ghalib still waiting for an 'ashiana' in Agra - Dec 27, 2009
- Babul Supriyo turns designer, designs jersey for Mohun Bagan - Jul 30, 2012