Now, accessorise yourself with tribal jewellery from northeast (With Images)June 4th, 2009 - 4:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 4 (IANS) If you’re tired of typical jewellery and are looking for something different and exotic - you’re in luck. An exclusive range of gold jewellery inspired by the tribal culture of northeast has been launched in the capital.
Conceptualized by the Kolkata-based Resource India Pvt Ltd ‘Adi-Kriti’, the jewellery brand is being retailed in Delhi and will be launched in other parts of north India by Jetha Bhai Zaveri - a jewellery company.
Talking about the association, Vimal Bhai of Jetha Bhai Zaveri told IANS that at a time when people are opting for western designs, they were offering something cultural and tribal.
“Each piece from this collection has a specific tale to tell. There are some designs that are in the shape of clouds with rain droplets on them,” Bhai said at the launch of ‘Adi-Kriti’ here Wednesday.
The range has designs from the wildlife of Assam, clouded hills and valleys of Meghalaya, exotic flora and fauna of Arunachal Pradesh and other states as well.
The range has everything from anklets to neck pieces and from earrings to bangles.
“The range has a collection of daily wear jewellery as well as jewellery meant for special occasions,” Bhai said.
- Monastry Collection: Magical blend of style, healing (With Images) - Jun 21, 2012
- Simpson to launch jewellery collection - Aug 31, 2011
- Kangana dazzles in Rajasthani jewellery - Aug 01, 2011
- Raghavendra Rathore creates new jewellery line - Aug 14, 2010
- Gujral's 'Nirvana' an ode to women's inner beauty (With Images) - Aug 17, 2012
- Jewellery week a big platform for us: Designers - Aug 19, 2010
- Shara - a royal jewellery collection by Rachna Kapoor (With Images) - May 22, 2011
- Try a kundan choker with that gown (Feature) - Aug 09, 2011
- Now comes Azva, inspired by 'saath pheras' ritual (With Images) - Aug 23, 2012
- Zeenat outshines Mahima at IIJW - Aug 02, 2011
- Alpana to showcase garden-themed jewellery at IIJW (With Images) - Aug 02, 2011
- Lord Krishna, meenakari works make a statement at IIJW - Aug 16, 2010
- Women celebrities throng Amrapali's show at IIJW - Aug 20, 2010
- Trendy, edgy designs showcased at jewellery week - Aug 17, 2010
- Bollywood glitters at India's first jewellery week inaugural - Aug 15, 2010
Tags: adi, anklets, assam, bangles, bhai, clouds with rain, flora and fauna, gold jewellery, hills and valleys, india pvt ltd, jewellery company, kolkata, launch, neck pieces, north india, rain droplets, special occasions, tribal culture, tribal jewellery, vimal