Nine outfits and accessories women love, but men hateJune 3rd, 2010 - 3:45 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 3 (IANS) Trying to impress a man? Then don’t wear harem pants, jump suits and gladiator sandals, however trendy you might think they are, because men just can’t stand them.
A survey for the website MSN reveals nine of the season’s most popular garments and accessories as total turn-offs, reports dailymail.co.uk.
Writer Liz Jones lists the nine items:
Harem Pants: These were first seen on the catwalk at Yves Saint Laurent three years ago, and have been churned out by every high street label since. Men hate them. They scream fashion victim.
Jumpsuits: Now that the jumpsuit playsuit or romper has become ubiquitous, women spend even longer in the bathroom wrestling with these garments. They make women look shapeless. As one man said: “They’re the ultimate in women-dressing-for-other-women. Confusing and overly clever. At best you look like a toddler, at worst like my mum in the Seventies.”
Headbands: Men dislike anything like scrunchies, slides, fascinators and hairspray in their women’s hair. They like to be able to run their fingers through squeaky clean locks without impediment.
Ugg Boots: This Antipodean foot wear has seeped into every social occasion. No matter how hot the summer party or muddy the festival field, young women have their feet swathed in sweaty sheepskin. “There is no toe cleavage, no ankle. They smell pretty bad, too,” said a young man.
Gladiator Sandals: Men simply detest these - they take ages to put on and take off, and they leave horrible red welts. With so many straps creeping up our legs, they make women appear short, too.
Tuxedos: Women think they look great in a tux, but men don’t like it.
Leggings: The problem with leggings, one man said, is that there is no mystery. Every contour is revealed. Another guy complained saying that too many women wear them irrespective of their shape. “Even Cheryl Cole shouldn’t wear leggings,” said a guy.
Dungarees: Who wants a woman who resembles a builder? Or who hides her figure behind a heavy sail-cloth of hard, nasty denim?
Oversized Sunglasses: Men feel that women shouldn’t hide their eyes behind oversized sunglasses. A guy said: “A woman’s best assets are her eyes. Why hide them?”
Another one said: “It’s not just the darkness of these overpriced bug shades that worries men, it’s the sheer size. ‘You can never kiss a woman wearing a pair.”
- Ugg boots, jumpsuits and leggings turn men off - Jun 04, 2010
- Accessorise or try a bikini sari when on holiday (With Images) - Apr 11, 2012
- Waistlines rose, beaded pieces ruled Indian fashion (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 24, 2010
- Stilettos, gladiators, wedges ...for the well heeled! (With Images) - Sep 08, 2010
- Off with little black dress! Trousers are in - Jul 18, 2011
- Item songs inspired Rohan Arora's footwear line (With Images) - Aug 06, 2012
- Designer Abhishek Dutta spreads message of 'No Pollution' - Aug 06, 2012
- Fergie admits she finds Cheryl Cole hot - Jun 18, 2010
- Fergie has a crush on Cheryl Cole - Jun 19, 2010
- Mix of colours, contrast and bling at WIFW - Oct 09, 2011
- From Hollywood to Bollywood, tribal fashion gets modern makeover - Aug 19, 2012
- Dia, Sameera cheer for Shantanu-Nikhil - Feb 15, 2012
- Sports joins glamour at Rajasthan Fashion Week - May 26, 2012
- Ode to McQueen, 'Folkistan' and more at Pakistan fashion week - Nov 13, 2010
- What Not To Wear For Christmas, Some Tips - Dec 22, 2010
Tags: antipodean, cheryl cole, dailymail, dungarees, fascinators, fashion victim, foot wear, hairspray, harem pants, jump suits, leggings, liz jones, playsuit, red welts, social occasion, toe cleavage, turn offs, ugg boots, uk writer, yves saint laurent