New Tagore complexes to come upDecember 13th, 2011 - 7:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 13 (IANS) The government has received 30 proposals for setting up new Tagore cultural complexes and renovating existing ones to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore, Culture Minister Kumari Selja said in the Lok Sabha Tuesday.
“All the 30 proposals, received from different states, were considered by the National Appraisal Committee in its August 29 meeting and a decision has been taken in each case. Most of the states governments concerned have been asked to prepare detailed project reports,” the minister said.
The government has cleared new Tagore cultural complexes and archives at Purulia (West Bengal), Midnapore (West Bengal), Bikaner (Rajasthan) and Cuttack (Odisha). It has approved upgradation and beautification of the Rabindra Bhavan Complex at Margao, Goa renovation of the Rabindra Bhavan in the state and the Rabindra Natya Mandir in Mumbai, modernisation and activation of the Rabindra Manch at Jaipur and upgradation of Rabindra Bharati at Hyderabad, Nadia (West Bengal) and Dinajpur (West Bengal).
Under the scheme, the centre provides a grant of Rs 1 crore to the state government subject to the state government providing 50 per cent of the project cost.
- Tagore cultural complexes scheme announced - May 18, 2011
- Tagore culture carnival keeps capital busy - May 07, 2011
- To commemorate Tagore, creat cultural institutions of lasting value: PM - May 20, 2010
- Mamata plans international Rabindranath Tagore Complex - Jul 16, 2011
- Australia, Visva-Bharati to collaborate on Tagore Museum - Mar 15, 2011
- West Bengal salutes Tagore on his birth anniversary - May 09, 2010
- Special train to Dhaka for Tagore anniversary celebrations - Jul 15, 2010
- Visva Bharati to be crown jewel in Indian academic world: PM (Roundup) - May 07, 2011
- Mamata's sops to 'turn Darjeeling into Switzerland' - Oct 11, 2011
- Selja concerned about safety of Tagores' Jorasanko house - Nov 06, 2011
- Tagore's 150th birth anniversary should reflect his personality: PM - May 20, 2010
- PM announces Rs.95 crore grant to restore Visva-Bharati on Tagore anniversary - May 07, 2011
- Tagore's birth anniversary celebrated across Bengal - May 08, 2012
- Lata ushers in Tagore anniversary tribute - Aug 07, 2011
- Tagore memorabilia to get new home in Santiniketan - Mar 19, 2011
Tags: appraisal committee, bharati, bikaner, birth anniversary, crore, culture minister, cuttack, detailed project, dinajpur, jaipur, kumari, Lok Sabha, mandir, midnapore, modernisation, nadia west bengal, national appraisal, rabindranath tagore, rajasthan, rs 1