New musical helping Sophia Loren recover from husbands deathJune 11th, 2008 - 6:26 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jun 11 (ANI): Italian film actress Sophia Loren is smiling again for the first time ever since the death of her husband Carlo Ponti, thanks to her new movie role alongside Oscar-winner Daniel Day-Lewis.
The screen legend, while speaking about her love for her husband who passed away at the age of 94 last year, revealed that the role in Hollywood musical, Nine, has brought back happiness in her life after so many years.
I met him when I was 15; we were together for a lifetime, its so sad for me, the Daily Express quoted her as saying.
The 73-year-old, who has two sons from her marriage to Ponti, said she is quite excited that she will soon be in front of the cameras shooting Nine.
To be in an American musical is the dream of my life, she said.
Musicals make you feel alive. I cant wait to start, she added.
The veteran actress, fondly remembered for her comedy duet Goodness Gracious Me with Peter Sellers in the 1960 film The Millionairess, plays the mother of Day-Lewis character.
She also gets to showcase her singing talents once again in the film, which co-stars fellow Oscar winners Marion Cotillard, Judi Dench and Nicole Kidman, though she modestly insists: Im no Barbra Streisand. (ANI)
- Daniel Day-Lewis intimidated Sophia Loren on 'Nine' sets - Nov 10, 2009
- Penelope Cruz lauds 'patient' Daniel Day-Lewis - Nov 16, 2009
- Dolce, Gabbana to act in 'Nine' - Feb 10, 2009
- Marion Cotillard To Replace Carla Bruni Sarkozy In Woody Allen Movie - Apr 05, 2010
- Marion Cotillard in 'The Dark Knight Rises'? - Feb 14, 2011
- Sophia Lorens credits genes for her youthful looks - Apr 11, 2008
- It's Judi Dench not Cruise for Mulligan - Sep 19, 2010
- Sophia Loren celebrates 76th birthday with award - Sep 22, 2010
- Kate Hudson found Nine audition 'terrifying' - Jan 10, 2010
- De Niro honoured with DeMille award at Golden Globe - Jan 17, 2011
- Sally Field to play Abraham Lincoln's wife in Spielberg's upcoming film - Apr 15, 2011
- No Sherlock Holmes sequel for Daniel Day-Lewis - Aug 03, 2010
- Glee star Lea Michelle wants Barbra Streisand's role - Feb 16, 2011
- Dame Judi Dench breaks her toes - Feb 17, 2011
- Judi Dench voted greatest stage star - Dec 17, 2010
Tags: actress sophia, barbra streisand, carlo ponti, daily express, daniel day lewis, film actress, goodness, hollywood musical, italian film, judi dench, marion cotillard, millionairess, musicals, nicole kidman, oscar winner, oscar winners, peter sellers, screen legend, sophia loren, veteran actress