Neha, Prachi add glamour to Bridal WeekNovember 1st, 2010 - 3:15 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 1 (IANS) Actresses Prachi Desai and Neha Dhupia added glamour to a show put together by designer duo Falguni and Shane Peacockthe at the ongoing Amby Valley India Bridal Week (AVIBW), which is low on Bollywood quotient.
While Prachi sashayed on the ramp in a nude tone net sari with sequins border and opened the show, Neha dazzled in a gold floral embroidered gown with a bare back moulded top and it was teamed up with red net dupatta (stole).
“Personally, I’m not fond of jewellery and heavy outfits, but Falguni and Shane have made a great outfit. They gave me these hues because they wanted to bring out the freshness in a young bride,” Prachi told IANS.
The collection, which was named the Victorian Peacock Bridal collection, was a combination of bold prints in a melange of colours, sprinkled with crystals and feathers.
“The collection is outstanding. Just to wear these clothes, I wish I could become a bride more than once. Because the clothes are so nice that you can’t decide which outfit would you like to wear for the wedding,” said Neha.
The garments ranged from flared lehengas, saris and evening gowns in net, chiffon, satin and velvets. With antique crystal and gold sheeting the designers offered a fusion of ethnic embroidery with western silhouettes.
“Our show was for the modern bride who really wants to dress up and have fun and basically wants a modern garment with a traditional touch. A lot of effort has gone in co-ordinating the whole look,” said Falguni.
- Actresses Neha Dhupia, Prachi Desai walk the ramp at Mumbai's India Bridal Week - Nov 01, 2010
- Urmila Matondkar walks ramp in bridal attire - Oct 30, 2010
- A range of styles for your bridal attire - Oct 06, 2011
- Shyamal-Bhumika recreate royalty on LFW ramp - Aug 06, 2012
- Manish Malhotra concludes Bridal Week in style - Nov 03, 2010
- Ritika Bhasin offers multi-purpose trousseau (With Images) - Feb 04, 2012
- Mughal, Bengali touches in bridal collections - Jul 29, 2010
- Sonakshi Sinha wants a simple, beach wedding - Sep 14, 2012
- Jessie J wore Falguni-Shane creation at Diamond Jubilee celebration (With Images) - Jun 07, 2012
- Anjalee-Arjun Kapoor bring no fuss collection for brides - Sep 03, 2010
- Preeti Ghai's new collection, a fusion of tradition, trends (With Images) - May 15, 2011
- Jessie J flaunts Indian designers' gown at Brit Awards (With Images) - Feb 23, 2012
- Mumbai set to host bridal week - Sep 14, 2010
- Fahad Hussayn steals show at Pakistan Bridal Week (With Images) - Dec 20, 2011
- 11 designers to participate in India Bridal Fashion Week (With Images) - Aug 28, 2012
Tags: amby valley india, bold prints, bridal collection, desai, dupatta, ethnic embroidery, evening gowns, falguni, freshness, hues, melange, modern bride, neha dhupia, quotient, sari, saris, sequins, velvets, western silhouettes, young bride