Nearly half of women would dump sex for surfing the net!December 17th, 2008 - 2:39 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 17 (ANI): Many women would rather go without sex than give up Internet access, according to a new survey.
To reach the conclusion, the Internet Reliance in Today’’s Economy survey of 2119 people aged 18-plus in the US, said that 65 per cent of adults admitted they can”t live without the internet.
The survey, which was conducted by Harris Interactive, on behalf of Intel, found that nearly half of women (46 per cent) and 30 per cent of men would rather surf the net than have sex, reports the Independent.
For women aged 18-34 it was 49 per cent and for women aged 35-44 it was 52 per cent. Only 39 per cent of men aged 18-34 would swap the bedroom for the broadband.
In the survey, television also copped a beating with over half the respondents preferring to give up two weeks of telly than a single week of web access.
Internet availability of many movies and TV shows likely skewed the result, which showed 61 per cent of adult women would happily switch off the box. (ANI)
- 62pc Australians sit on the beach without wearing sunscreen - Nov 21, 2010
- Less than 3 in 10 American youth just too busy for sex - Mar 05, 2011
- Snoring killing Oz women's sex lives - Oct 07, 2010
- 1 in 5 Brit women blame drink or drugs for unprotected sex - Jan 01, 2011
- Men prefer taking smartphones to newspapers in loo - Feb 25, 2012
- What do Kiwi women want in their men? - Oct 31, 2010
- Men think they perform better than they really do in the bedroom - Oct 05, 2010
- 51pc of Brit women would sacrifice a year of sex if it meant they could be skinny - Feb 18, 2011
- 1 in 5 Brits wear their undies at least 250 times before buying new ones! - Dec 02, 2010
- Aussies want more sex, reveals survey - Feb 05, 2011
- 6 out of 10 kids 'lie about age on Internet' - Feb 08, 2011
- 4 in 10 Americans crave cash more than brains, youth or good looks - Aug 27, 2010
- Drunk adults have unsafe sex during festivities - Dec 14, 2009
- Half of Brit women avoid sex because of their weight - Mar 12, 2011
- One fifth of Oz would rather starve than go without internet access - Jul 26, 2010
Tags: access internet, adult women, adults, broadband, conclusion, economy, harris interactive, intel, internet access, internet availability, london, new survey, reliance, respondents, television, telly, web access