Nearly 250 Nepalis stranded in KabulSeptember 26th, 2008 - 2:53 pm ICT by ANI
Kathmandu, Sept 26 (ANI): At least 250 Nepali youths have been left stranded in Kabul after their employment agent allegedly fled without providing them the promised employment.
The victims informed their relatives in Nepal about their agony just few weeks after reaching the Afghan capital.
Bishnu Prasad, one of the victims, told his elder brother Indra Prasain of Satashidham of Jhapa district, that he and many other Nepali youths have been left stranded and finding it difficult to earn a living and often hide themselves to avoid arrest.
My brother is left with no money for his expenses as he has given it all to the agent and many of them have fallen sick due to lack of food, ekantipur.com quoted Prasain as saying.
The agent, hailing from Kanchanpur district, took Rs 4.5 lakhs from each youth and promised to provide them jobs that would make them earn Rs. 100,000 a month in Kabul .
Similar views were expressed by relatives of other victims, including many retired Nepal Army servicemen. They have requested the Nepal Government to make arrangements for the repatriation of their kin. (ANI)
- Eight Indians die in Nepal accident - Jul 28, 2012
- 15 Indians killed as jeep falls into Nepal river (Second Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- 15 Indians killed in Nepal accident (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- 35 missing Punjabi youths traced in Africa -- after six years! - Jun 16, 2011
- Nepal Maoists deny link to Iqbal Kaskar shooting - May 19, 2011
- Nepal's border battle film stokes anti-India sentiments (WIth Image) - May 11, 2011
- 29 child labourers rescued from Delhi - Jul 15, 2011
- Over 53 Indians stranded in Libya, says NGO - Nov 23, 2010
- ADB loan for Nepal water project - Jan 03, 2012
- Nepal, Bhutan agree to talks on refugee homecoming - Apr 15, 2011
- Nepal again asks Bhutan to take back refugees - Feb 10, 2010
- Punjabi youth stranded in Libya after being promised jobs - Nov 25, 2010
- Bangladeshi prisoners embroider a new life in Jammu jail (Feature) - May 10, 2012
- Over 400,000 Nepalis leave for jobs overseas - Jun 12, 2012
- From Kamathipura to meet Clinton: A Nepali woman's long march (Feature, with image) - Jul 10, 2011