NDTV announces Quarter 1 results for Financial Year 2008-09July 30th, 2008 - 6:30 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, July 30 (ANI/Business Wire India): NDTV has earned revenues of Rs. 95.5 crores during the quarter as opposed to Rs. 61.21 crores during the same quarter in the previous year, a growth of 56 per cent YoY.
– The company has made a profit after tax (PAT) of Rs. 2.08 crores as opposed to a loss of Rs. 2.15 crores on a YoY basis.
– The group has made a consolidated profit, after tax, of Rs. 524 crores, which includes an exceptional amount of Rs. 642 crores arising on dilution by subscription of shares by NBCU in an overseas subsidiary.
– The NDTV group has decided to utilize the liquidity from NBCU share subscription of over Rs. 600 crores for setting up state of the art production infrastructure such as studios and to facilitate group expansion plans in India.
– NDTV 24×7 remains a clear leader in English news.
– NDTV Imagine retains a strong number three position in General Entertainment.
– NDTV Imagine has also launched NDTV Lumiere in this quarter with theatrical releases of highly acclaimed world cinema, in metros across India.
– NDTV Goodtimes has become the market leader in the Lifestyle genre.
– NDTV Convergence has grown rapidly to become the leading news portal in this period. (ANI)
- Biocon net marginally down in fiscal 2012 - Apr 27, 2012
- Syndicate bank net up marginally in Q4 - May 05, 2012
- SKF India net up 40 percent in first quarter - May 03, 2011
- Infosys net profit up 16 percent in first quarter - Jul 12, 2011
- Wipro net up eight percent in fourth quarter - Apr 25, 2012
- Infosys net up 33 percent in third quarter - Jan 12, 2012
- Infosys net up 10 percent in second quarter - Oct 12, 2011
- Biocon net up 25 percent for fourth quarter - Apr 28, 2011
- Infosys net up 33 percent in first quarter - Jul 12, 2012
- Infosys profits from weak rupee, lowers dollar guidance (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- TCS net up 30 percent in third quarter - Jan 17, 2011
- Canara Bank net up 79 percent in fourth quarter - May 05, 2011
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Bosch Q1 net up 23 percent - May 08, 2012
- MindTree net plunges 53 percent in fiscal 2010-11 - Apr 21, 2011
Tags: art production, consolidated profit, crores, dilution, english news, expansion plans, general entertainment, goodtimes, leading news, liquidity, market leader, metros, nbcu, ndtv, ndtv 24x7, overseas subsidiary, production infrastructure, rs 2, theatrical releases, world cinema