NASA’s new ’smart’ foam bra boosts your cleavage if you’re ‘hot’!November 26th, 2010 - 1:52 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Nov 26 (ANI): Intelligent memory foam designed by NASA to make safer aircraft cushions is now being used in bras Down Under.
The ’smart’ foam, which was developed in the 60s to make aircraft seating safer and more comfortable, has the unique quality of retaining or remembering its shape after pressure is applied.
Tim Nielsen, of the bra’s local distributor, said he’s always on the look out for interesting mash-ups of tech and clothing.
“I’ve probably evaluated a couple of hundred products over the last three years, and once you filter all the ones out that are complete nonsense, this is number one,” News.com.au quoted him as saying.
“I had to do a double take, and think ‘how could that be possible?’ But then when I read more about it, I realised more of the practical benefits.
“A derivation of the foam is used in the memory foam mattresses. It’s also used in the safety lining of racing car helmets, and so I realised it could have a lot of practical uses, and this softening and expansion could have a lot of benefits,” he said.
The bra boosts the cleavage when it detects a rise in body temperature, said Nielsen.”Such as when a woman gets a little flushed when she gets excited. It can kind of do some of the flirting for you,” he said.
Moreover, if a woman is exercising and it detects a rise in body temperature, it can expand to offer more support when needed,” he added.
The bra, according to Nielsen, can also adapt to a woman’s changing shape and size, meaning you’re less likely to have to shop for another bra down the line.
Nielsen, who has used it to pursue his business in what he calls “biocosmeceuticals”, said the product might also make life easier for women dealing with ill-fitting bras.
“This smart memory bra, with the ability to solve all those problems, is the answer to a lot of people’s dreams,” he said. (ANI)
- Now, shape-shifting bra made of NASA space foam! - Nov 26, 2010
- 'Clever' bra lifts boobs on arousal! - May 15, 2009
- Triumph releases the "Welcome to Japan" bra - Nov 11, 2010
- Lingerie Dement invents Magnetic female undergarments - Nov 09, 2010
- Perfect sports bras don't exist, say experts - Aug 25, 2010
- First L-cup bra released - Jan 22, 2011
- Marks & Spencer criticised for bra that can be worn only for 8 hours - Sep 15, 2010
- Belgian prison guards force female lawyers to remove bras - Sep 10, 2010
- Now, 'uplift your spirits' with bra that holds 25 oz. of drink! - Jul 15, 2010
- New 'smart materials' process to revolutionize manufacturing of products - Sep 02, 2010
- Jennifer Aniston's flaunts her toned body in Smart water commercial - May 20, 2010
- Russian woman strangles man with bra - Aug 21, 2012
- Now, world's first 'boob-lift' bra that takes 10 years off your looks - Sep 02, 2010
- New M&S 'boob job' bra set to hit UK shelves - Jul 15, 2010
- Pak council protests use of padded bras by Muslim women: Report - Mar 12, 2011
Tags: 60s, body temperature, car helmets, changing shape, cleavage, complete nonsense, cushions, derivation, dreams, fitting bras, intelligent memory, mash, melbourne, memory foam mattresses, nasa, news com au, nielsen, racing car, smart memory, ups