My collection inspired by today’s Marilyn Monroe: Ritu BeriAugust 4th, 2012 - 12:41 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 3 (IANS) The “Marilyn Monroe of today” was the inspiration for designer Ritu Beri’s collection showcased at the 13th Lakme Fashion Week which commenced Friday.
Ritu Beri and Volvo Cars joined hands to present their line, ‘Icons of Luxury’, with the designs inspired by the quintessential fashion icon Marilyn Monroe.
“My collection has been inspired by Marilyn Monroe, but the Marilyn Monroe of today. She is the woman who lives in every woman. She is sexy, girly and romantic and so is my collection. The collection recreates the romance of a woman,” Ritu said after the show.
Everything right from the clothes to the music echoed of this legendary fashion icon.
The collection was feminine comprising of both long jackets and short shrugs, teamed with dresses, skirts and ripped jeans. Starting with the colour white, the garments were in mild pastel shades of red, pink, blue and yellow. All models sported headgear ranging from elaborate hats to caps with flowers.
The designer emphasised on the wearabliltiy of her garments showcased in the line.
“The clothes may look elaborate all together. But broken down as a single t-shirt or a jacket, they are pretty wearable. They have all been priced separately,” she said.
Supermodels Jesse Randhawa and Lisa Haydon walked the ramp for the designer. The show was attended by celebrities like Kunal Kapoor, Poonam Dhillon and Pooja Bedi.
- Shobha De Walks The Ramp For Ritu Beri's Retro Label At WLIFW - Oct 26, 2010
- Joy Mitra brings 'Malgudi Days', Sharmila Tagore to ramp - Apr 07, 2011
- Young designers shine at Pakistan fashion week - Mar 30, 2011
- Beyond designing, Ritu Beri eyes lifestyle space - Aug 02, 2012
- Standing ovation for Kallol, Pankaj and Nidhi at LFW finale - Aug 08, 2012
- Shabana Azmi cheers for Anita Dongre at WIFW - Oct 12, 2011
- Sanchita gets inspired by wild west at LFW - Aug 07, 2012
- Shabana NGO's women create Anita Dongre's LFW collection - Aug 18, 2011
- Wearability wins over novelty as Pakistan fashion week opens - Nov 11, 2010
- Gaga to design garments with sister? - Aug 25, 2011
- Lady Gaga inspires Raakesh Agarvwal's collection - Feb 17, 2012
- Wearability factor gets prominence at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- Shyamal-Bhumika recreate royalty on LFW ramp - Aug 06, 2012
- Oscar-nominated 'Nine' inspires show at WIFW - Mar 28, 2010
- Bridal collection, Bollywood dominated DCW (Review) (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
Tags: elaborate hats, emphasised, fashion icon, garments, jesse randhawa, kunal kapoor, lakme fashion week, line icons, lisa haydon, marilyn monroe, pastel shades, pooja bedi, poonam dhillon, ramp, ritu beri, showcased, shrugs, skirts, supermodels, volvo cars