Mulberry On A High After Sales Exceed ExpectationOctober 10th, 2010 - 7:25 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Despite the tough economic times, women just do not seem to change some of their buying habits, as it seems from the trends. They are very particular about choosing their handbags and it is more of a style statement for them rather than a necessity. That explains why Mulberry, a brand known for making fashionable and stylish bags have reported an 80 percent hike in sales of handbags amidst tough economic times. The luxury brand based in Somerset said that the sales has made it upbeat.
The bestseller item, according to the company, is the sachet named Alexa which is sold in two hues- pink leopardskin and brown. Mulberry CEO Godfrey Davis said that some people might think that the bags are exorbitantly priced but the customers who pay the price know the value they get for money. The shares of the company jumped by a margin of 7 percent after the CEO informed the investors about the steep increase in sales in recent times. The Bayswater range of the company which was popularized by Kate Moss is popular as ever, said the CEO in an interview. He refused to accept the claim of some people who think the Mulberry bags are faddy and not practical. He thinks the bags are symbols of affordable luxury. The demand for the bags are so high that the outlets and resellers hiked their supply quota citing exceptional demand among the customers.
The company is now eyeing growth opportunities in other countries outside UK. It is especially focusing on the areas in middle East, Asia and USA. The bags are also selling quite well in Korea.
- Mulberry bags prestigious designer brand gong at British Fashion Awards - Dec 08, 2010
- Hyundai's May sales zoom by 16.6 percent - Jun 01, 2012
- E-commerce sites cash in on leap year - Feb 28, 2012
- Special bags to create awareness about breast cancer - Oct 23, 2010
- Hidesign now forays into luxury line - Mar 11, 2012
- Goa to ban sale of alcohol in sachets: Parrikar - Aug 03, 2012
- Gryson Handbags: An Ideal Gift For Christmas - Dec 22, 2009
- Toyota luanches limited edition Corolla - Jun 05, 2012
- Petrol price hike angers Kashmiris - May 24, 2012
- Sales slowdown for auto companies in May (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Time is right for luxury watches in India, but no place - Sep 01, 2010
- Margaret Thatcher's handbag sells for 25,000 pounds - Jun 28, 2011
- Toyota Kirloskar, Nissan Motor India sales up in May - Jun 01, 2012
- Polo prices up by 2.9 percent from Jan 1 - Dec 15, 2010
- Hyundai Motor's April sales up 4.9 percent - May 02, 2012
Tags: alexa, bestseller, buying habits, economic times, expectation, godfrey davis, growth opportunities, handbags, hues, kate moss, leopardskin, luxury brand, middle east asia, mulberry bags, quota, resellers, somerset, steep increase, style statement, times women