Motherhood changes you: CruzMay 11th, 2011 - 7:47 am ICT by IANS
London, May 11 (IANS) Actress Penelope Cruz has opened up about motherhood for the first time, admitting she changed “immediately” after giving birth to a baby boy earlier in 2011.
The “Vicky Cristina Barcelona” actress and her husband Javier Bardem welcomed their first child, a son in January, reports aceshowbiz.com.
Cruz is relishing her new role as mother, calling it a “beautiful feeling” - and insists parenthood has already had a profound effect on her.
“Being a mother changes you immediately. It’s hard to explain because it’s so deep. But it’s the most beautiful feeling I have ever had,” she said.
The Oscar-winning star is now scaling back her work commitments to focus on her family.
“Working as hard as I did is not for me any more. I was exhausted and had nothing to give. You have to live your life to be able to tell other stories. I’m happy I made that decision. I’ve always measured the success of my work by the experience,” she said.
- Cruz to reunite with husband for thriller - Apr 22, 2012
- Monica Cruz To Act As Sister's Body Double In “Pirates Of The Carebbean” Next - Oct 13, 2010
- Cruz to receive star on Walk Of Fame - Mar 29, 2011
- Penelope Cruz to make one or two films a year - Apr 11, 2012
- Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz will make 'great' parents: Woody Allen - Sep 16, 2010
- When a basketball player almost poleaxed pregnant Penelope Cruz - Dec 28, 2010
- Cruz's life changed after becoming a mom - May 05, 2011
- Penelope Cruz could star with Bardem in `The Counselor' - Apr 20, 2012
- Penelope Cruz sings praises of motherhood - May 12, 2011
- Cruz gets 2,436th star on Walk of Fame - Apr 03, 2011
- Acting in English movies tough for Cruz - Aug 14, 2012
- Cruz feels passionate about children causes - May 25, 2011
- It's official: Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem are married - Jul 14, 2010
- Penelope Cruz Is Pregnant: Confirms Spokesperson - Sep 15, 2010
- Cruz has no time to worry - Jun 26, 2012