More green cars to hit the road, predicts feng shui expertMarch 13th, 2009 - 1:01 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Mar 13 (ANI): You might spot many green cars on the road, if people really start going by the rules of the ancient Chinese system of aestheticsfeng shui.
However, not many would consider it good news because green has long been believed to be an unlucky colour, and its also an unpopular colour for a car.
But Melbourne-based feng shui practitioner Nadia Lapaduia-Merino has predicted that green is on the verge of a boom.
In her opinion, a number represents every 20 years, which in turn is linked with a particular element and its corresponding colours.
Thus, according to the principles of feng shui, these forces have a subconscious effect on the colour choices we make, said Lapaduia-Merino.
“It sort of reflects the overall consciousness level of people,” the Daily Telegraph quoted her as saying.
She said that in 2004, people shifted from a period of seven (metal) into eight (earth), and colour trends reflected that.
Green is the colour associated with eight, while silver, white and grey are all “metal” colours associated with seven.
“A lot of people just felt connected or felt comfortable with those colours,” said Lapaduia-Merino.
In a recent RTA survey on car colour, silver emerged as the most popular choice for Australian car owners, followed by white, black, blue and grey.
Lapaduia-Merino said that the appearance of black and blue in the top five also justified according to feng shui.
“Water element actually drains the metal element which would suggest, as we”re making this transition, the water element was becoming more popular, so you”re blue and black, to drain that old energy, she said.
Gouing by her forecast, a large number of green cars would hit the road as the eight period starts to take hold.
And with this she’’s not just talking colour.
“It will be more earth-friendly colours they will choose, just as they”ll start to look for earth-friendly cars, she said. (ANI)
- Car colour reflects your personality - Jul 27, 2011
- Princess Letizia is Spain's new style-setter - Aug 16, 2012
- Sunanda Pushkar spotted at WIFW - Apr 08, 2011
- LFW: Jatin Verma, Vizyon showcase a glamorous, gothic collection - Aug 04, 2012
- BMW India launches three variants of BMW XI in Delhi - Dec 23, 2010
- Musical or cartoon rakhi - take your pick this Raksha Bandhan (Raksha Bandhan is on Aug 2) (With Images) - Jul 27, 2012
- All about metal: Siddartha Tytler makes rocking LFW debut - Mar 14, 2011
- How feng shui 'triggers jackpot win' - Feb 23, 2010
- Tagore's short stories come alive on canvas (With Images) - May 06, 2011
- Fashion by astrology: cracking the zodiac code for everyday wear (With images) - Jun 01, 2010
- The colour of your car can determine your road accident risk - Dec 03, 2010
- Indian weddings have become liberal: Shantanu and Nikhil - Aug 12, 2012
- KJo's 40th birthday bash a black and white affair - May 26, 2012
- Aussies disagree over team uniform for Commonwealth Games 2010 - Sep 04, 2010
- Shivan & Naresh, Swapnil Shinde use lasers in LFW show - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: ancient chinese system, australian car, blue and grey, car colour, car owners, colour choices, colour trends, colours, consciousness level, daily telegraph, feng shui expert, green cars, green is the colour, melbourne, merino, metal element, principles of feng shui, silver white, verge, water element