Mobiles making Britons lose their mannersMay 17th, 2012 - 10:32 am ICT by IANS
London, May 17 (IANS) Britons seem to be doing away with their traditional good manners, as a survey has found two out of three people in Britain wouldn’t mind answering a call on their cellphone despite being on a dinner date.
According to a poll, carried out by mobile phone firm Recombu, once revered for our good manners, Britain has become more ‘Rude Britannia’ since the introduction of smartphones. Almost two third of people — 63 percent — admitted leaving their iPhone or BlackBerry on the table while being out for dinner, Daily Mail reported.
As high as 68 percent would take a call on a dinner date, even if they knew it was not important or work-related, the study found.
The research also suggested that Britons cannot live being separated from their smartphones, with more than a third admitting they would struggle to live without their mobiles.
Around a third — 35 percent — said they couldn’t live without their television, 23 percent without their laptop, three percent would be at a loss if they did not have their iPod, and two percent would struggle without their tablet.
More than half — 59 percent — keep their phones on at all times, 16 percent continuously walking around with their mobile in their hands, one in seven of the 1,000 people polled even take their phone to the toilet.
- One in 10 end relationship with text message - Jan 18, 2012
- British kids carry modern gadgets to school - Sep 01, 2011
- Mobiles, music, lipstick putting motorists lives at risk - Jul 19, 2011
- Britons turning smartphone addicts - Aug 04, 2011
- Apple redesigns iPod touch, updates iPod nano - Sep 13, 2012
- Are Britons more civil than the rest? - Oct 11, 2011
- UK iPhone users look rich but usually have an overdrawn bank account - Apr 04, 2011
- We risk life using mobile phones on roads - Sep 23, 2011
- Samsung eyeing 60 percent of India's smartphone market - Feb 14, 2012
- Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dead at 56 - Oct 06, 2011
- Games most downloaded application for mobiles - Jun 29, 2011
- Apple, Google working on wearable devices - Dec 20, 2011
- Britons no longer well mannered, survey shows - Aug 24, 2010
- 20,000 mobile phones lost in Britain everyday - Dec 22, 2010
- Two-third of Britons fear new recession - Nov 16, 2011