Mixing styles: Ravi Bajaj set for Dubai Fashion WeekOctober 17th, 2011 - 10:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 17 (IANS) Designer Ravi Bajaj, who is set to debut at the Dubai Fashion Week (DFW) starting Thursday, is looking forward to showcasing his collection, which is influenced by Indian and European senses of style and design.
“I have attempted to accommodate Indian as well as European influences in my collection, whether it is in the use of fabrics, silhouettes or structuring techniques,” Bajaj said in a statement.
“Dubai is a melting pot of various influences and amongst them, India is a vital ingredient! The country is home to several talented designers, but the most significant are the Lebanese designers, who do more or less a European look,” he added.
The DFW Spring/Summer 2012 is scheduled to be held at The Arena, Dubai World Trade Centre. It will conclude Oct 24.
Bajaj will showcase his collection on the second day of the fashion extravaganza.
The designer, who is known for mixing the Indian style of sensibility and giving it a modern look, felt that since Indian dressing was not restricted to any specific season, his collection was inspired by occasion wear that transcended all seasons.
Fashionistas will get a taste of an amalgamation of a traditionally crafted lehenga in a bright colour, an an evening gown in a nude shade, a structured coat in zardozi, and other such varieties.
The menswear line will see a fusion of class and modernity with creations like an elongated bandhgala jacket worn over skinny pants or riding breeches, sherwanis over loose pants and navigator kurtas over jeans.
Bajaj started designing in 1987 and opened the Salon de Ravi Bajaj. He has showcased his work internationally as well.
- Indian American designer at Dubai Fashion Week - Oct 20, 2011
- Dubai Fashion Week To Start This Month - Oct 15, 2010
- Mix of colours, contrast and bling at WIFW - Oct 09, 2011
- Sports joins glamour at Rajasthan Fashion Week - May 26, 2012
- Designer Anita Dongre launches menswear line - Mar 26, 2012
- Embroidery, motifs dominate JJ Valaya's couture line (With Image) - Aug 09, 2012
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
- Now, Archana Kochhar designs for metrosexual men (With Image) - Apr 05, 2012
- Felix Bendish to showcase at Hong Kong Fashion Week - Dec 09, 2011
- Bridal collection, Bollywood dominated DCW (Review) (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Accessories to dominate Sanchita's menswear line - Aug 29, 2011
- Shyamal-Bhumika recreate royalty on LFW ramp - Aug 06, 2012
- Item songs inspired Rohan Arora's footwear line (With Images) - Aug 06, 2012
- Indian designs, Bollywood dominate RFW opening day - May 25, 2012
- Indian couture all about bridal wear: Manish Arora (With Image) - Aug 11, 2012
Tags: amalgamation, bright colour, fashion extravaganza, fashion week, indian style, kurtas, lehenga, loose pants, melting pot, menswear, modernity, New Delhi, occasion wear, riding breeches, silhouettes, skinny pants, spring summer, talented designers, vital ingredient, world trade centre