Miss World preparations need full concentration: Pooja Chopra (Interview)May 31st, 2009 - 9:35 am ICT by IANS
By Shilpa Raina
New Delhi, May 31 (IANS) Tired of answering questions about joining Bollywood, Miss India World Pooja Chopra has only the Miss World competition on her mind which she says is taking up all her time and concentration.
“I am tired of answering this question. I can’t tell you how busy I am with Miss World preparations. It demands full concentration and at this moment winning the crown holds top priority in my life,” Chopra told IANS on the sidelines of an event here.
This year the Miss World contest will take place in South Africa, and 23-year-old Chopra says that her preparations for the contest are going on in full swing.
“I start my day at 5.30 a.m. and after a hectic daily schedule I try to hit the bed by 11.00 p.m. I devote equal time to gym, diction, catwalk classes and my daily sessions with the dietician. Apart from this if I have to go to some event, then things become very hectic,” Chopra said.
Elaborating on her preparations, the leggy lass said that the preparations for the international pageant were “very different” from those for Miss India.
“There is a stark difference between the two. The reason is that at the Miss World contest I will be competing with 120 girls from different countries and international standards are to be followed, which means I have to pay extra effort in diction, catwalk and current affairs,” Chopra said.
“The most important thing is that I would be representing India whereas when I participated in Miss India contest I was simply Pooja Chopra. There lies the major difference,” she added.
Chopra is confident of her victory and said that she is giving her 100 percent. And if the nation prays for her victory, she might bring back the crown.
“All I want is support from everyone. Just pray for me,” Chopra said.
Last year, Parvathy Omanakuttan was the first runner-up in Miss World. Reita Faria (1966) was the first Indian to win this crown and after that Aishwarya Rai (1994), Yukta Mukhi (1999), Priyanka Chopra (2000) achieved success.
- India has more beauty queens than most countries: Diana - Jun 14, 2012
- Models bypass pageants for straight road to Bollywood - Aug 23, 2012
- Miss Gibraltar crowned Miss World - Dec 13, 2009
- India's Parvathy is first runner-up at Miss World contest - Dec 14, 2008
- India's Parvathy first runner-up at Miss World contest, Miss Russia crowned (Lead) - Dec 14, 2008
- Will Parvathy Omanakuttan fetch Miss World crown? - Dec 10, 2008
- I'm focussed on Miss World title: Vanya Mishra - Jun 23, 2012
- Yukta Mookhey accuses husband of abusing her - Sep 14, 2012
- Bangalore Based Model Nicole Faria Crowned Miss Earth 2010 - Dec 07, 2010
- 'Umrao Jaan' is Manasvi Mamgai's dream role - Aug 22, 2010
- Countdown begins for Miss India beauty contest - Feb 28, 2009
- Mixed feelings at ancestral home of Parvathy Omanakuttan - Dec 14, 2008
- No favouritism at beauty pageants: Miss Earth Nicole Faria - Nov 14, 2011
- No Bollywood plans as yet: Vasuki Sunkavalli (With Image) - Jul 18, 2011
- Miss India a nice platform to raise social issues: Hasleen - Jun 27, 2011
Tags: answering questions, concentration, current affairs, diction, dietician, full swing, india world, international pageant, lass, miss india contest, miss world competition, miss world contest, New Delhi, raina, reita faria, shilpa, sidelines, south africa, top priority, winning the crown