Michelle Obama is a practical dresserFebruary 12th, 2011 - 5:51 am ICT by IANS
London, Feb 12 (IANS) US first Lady Michelle Obama known for her stylish taste in fashion says she is a practical dresser.According to her the decisions on what she wears are based on what she’s doing that day because she needs to know she’s in the right outfit, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“It’s really just sort of, how cold is it? Do I have to stand outside, and what am I going to use to cover my arms if I’m freezing so I’m not shivering while I have to give a speech? It’s really stuff like that. And I know people are sort of thinking that it’s different, but it’s real practical stuff like that,” said Michelle.
In December, Michelle stunned the fashion world by wearing a vintage dress to a high profile public event.
The mother-of-two wore a black lace outfit by the late designer Norman Norell to the Christmas in Washington concert and it is thought she was the only first lady in history to ever wear a second hand gown for an official engagement.
- Michelle Obama says Ikram Goldman is still her top style advisor - Feb 10, 2011
- Nicole Richie, a mood dresser - Jul 08, 2012
- Michelle Obama wears 'second hand' dress to Christmas celebration - Dec 18, 2010
- Victoria Beckham - a workaholic? - Aug 16, 2011
- Canadian designers make clothes with recycled material - Apr 14, 2012
- Only Versace for me, says Gaga - Jun 10, 2011
- My wardrobe choices are practical: Michelle Obama - Oct 20, 2011
- Oprah asked for traditional sari: Tarun Tahiliani (With Image) - Jan 19, 2012
- Michelle Obama dons Halston to celeb-studded White House Correspondents' Dinner - May 01, 2011
- Koena Mitra kisses designer Rajat Tangri on ramp - Sep 20, 2010
- Fashion goes beyond ramp; gets wearable, affordable (LFW Review) - Aug 08, 2012
- Serena Williams loves heels - Aug 25, 2010
- Michelle Obama dances to Beyonce as part of anti-obesity drive - May 04, 2011
- Wild Wild West Brought Back By Esprit - Aug 28, 2010
- Mulligan has no interest in fashion - Feb 11, 2011