MET Gala Event 2010 At Its Fashionable Best!May 4th, 2010 - 6:55 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
May 4, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The MET Costume Institute Gala, for the year 2010 was held on the 3rd of May, and we may safely say that where fashion is the reason for celebration, there one will definitely witness a large turnout of celebrities. Therefore everybody from the likes of Tina Fey, Taylor Swift and Kristen Stewart to Oprah Winfrey and Stella McCartney attended the annual event in their fashionable best.
The theme for Monday night was the celebration of the “American Woman: Fashioning a National Identity”. Keeping in mind the theme, the celebrity divas arrived in a variety of makeup and costumes. In the gathering one could witness that there was a prevalence of the smoky eyes, the red lips and the bronze complexion. Zoe Saldana of “Avatar” fame showed off her gray eyelids under perfectly arched eyebrows. The blonds Naomi Watts and Gwen Steffani stood out in the crowd because of their red lipsticks. While Sarah Jessica Parker and Kate Hudson were happy sporting a tan on their cheeks. Celebrated as fashion’s biggest night, the MET Costume Institute Gala this year was hosted by Anna Wintour and Oprah Winfrey.
Zac Posen, Donatella Versace, Diane von Furstenberg, Christopher Bailey and Oscar de la Renta were some of the designers who dressed up these beautiful ladies who absolutely rocked at the MET Costume Institute Gala event this year. Known as the “Oscars” of the fashion world, the Metropolitan Museum’s Costume Institute Gala event is always graced by the most fashionable stars. The 2010 event too was no different. A number of celebrities turned out in their best dresses for the event.
- Anna Wintour Made To Dance By Diddy - May 06, 2010
- How Oprah helped Lady Gaga overcome 'stage fright' - May 06, 2010
- Diddy makes Anna Wintour dance at the Met Costume Institute Gala - May 06, 2010
- Jacobs didn't want to be boring - May 11, 2012
- Michelle Obama responds to McQueen dress row - Feb 01, 2011
- Versace teams up with H&M; - Jun 22, 2011
- Padma Lakshmi celebrates 40th b'day with Moulin Rouge-themed bash - Sep 10, 2010
- Oscars: Fashion on the Red Carpet-Royal Purples & Fiery Reds - Feb 28, 2011
- From films to fashion - Cannes rolls out red carpet for all (With images) - May 23, 2012
- Michelle Obama dons Halston to celeb-studded White House Correspondents' Dinner - May 01, 2011
- Only Versace for me, says Gaga - Jun 10, 2011
- Donatella not worried about celebrity designers - Apr 20, 2011
- Donatella Versace auctions internship - Apr 29, 2010
- Christopher Kane to join Dior ? - Feb 29, 2012
- Style quotient at Oscars - hits and misses - Feb 28, 2011
Tags: anna wintour, arched eyebrows, christopher bailey, costume institute gala, diane von furstenberg, donatella versace, fashion world, gala event, gina gomez, gwen steffani, kristen stewart, naomi watts, oprah winfrey, red lips, sarah jessica parker, smoky eyes, stella mccartney, tina fey, zac posen, zoe saldana