Mengal vows not to let-up Balochs rights struggle

June 11th, 2008 - 5:39 pm ICT by ANI  

Pervez Musharraf

Quetta , June 11 (ANI): Sardar Akhtar Mengal, chief of his own faction of the Balochistan National Party (BNP), has said that there would be no let-up in BNPs struggle for securing the rights of the people in Balochistan.

Sardar Mengal said that the BNP was neither frightened by the usurpers nor would it compromise on sacrifices rendered by Nawab Akbar Bugti and Nawabzada Balaach Marri. He said that as army chief President Musharraf was very arrogant and threatened to annihilate the Baloch leadership, but now things were different.

Today, thousands of people are here but the man who had once been a dictator is living a life in isolation, the Dawn quoted Mengal as saying while addressing a large public meeting here late on Monday night.

Nations could not be enslaved by weapons, he said and added that the current military operation was the fifth in Balochistan since 1958. Sophisticated weapons have failed to suppress the political movement of the Baloch people.

During his speech, a group of supporters of some banned organisation tried twice to interrupt the proceedings and came close to the dais, chanting pro-independence slogans. But, BNP workers pushed them out of the stadium where some people fired in the air. However, the meeting continued.

Mengal said that people raising slogans in favour of the outlawed Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) were disruptive elements. He warned them that when the 800,000-strong Pakistan Army cannot make me bow to them, you cannot hope to dictate to me.

He said he could not understand why these elements, who had created trouble during the jirga of Baloch tribal chiefs in Kalat last year, did not interrupt the jirga addressed by President Pervez Musharraf recently. (ANI)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Life Style |