Men, not women, spend more time getting readyFebruary 10th, 2010 - 2:10 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 10 (ANI): Men use beauty products and take more time than women to look their finest, a new UK study has revealed.
The study of 3,000 men found that males devote an average of 83 minutes of the day grooming themselves, as they cleanse, tone and moisturise, shave, style their hair and choose their outfits.
While quite contrary to popular belief, women get their hair, clothes and make-up done in just 79 minutes.
It was also discovered that the average man spends out just 19 pence less on grooming products than women, shelling out 25.22pounds per month, or 302.64pounds in a year.
“Once upon a time it was cool for men to appear rough and ready, looking like they hadn’t spent more than a couple of minutes getting ready in a morning. But these days everyone appreciates a man who takes care of his appearance, smells nice and looks like he has made an effort,” the Daily Express quoted Simon Comins of Superdrug, as saying.
He continued: “In the past rugged celebrities such as Liam Gallagher, Brad Pitt and Russell Crowe were the favourites because they couldn’t be bothered to shave and threw on any old outfit. But now, the likes of David Beckham, Zac Efron and Cristiano Ronaldo are well known and well loved for being unafraid to experiment with products and always look like they’ve spent hours getting ready to go out.”
The survey also found that on an average morning men take 23 minutes to shower, while women take 22 minutes to bathe. Also, men spend 18 minutes on their shaving regime, while women take 14 minutes to shave and/or trim their legs, armpits and bikini line.
“Perhaps the reason men spend longer getting ready is not vanity but because they’re still beginners in the fine art of being groomed,” Comins added. (ANI)
- Study reveals that men take longer than women to get ready - Nov 22, 2011
- British men spend 18 minutes daily looking handsome - Sep 16, 2011
- Hairy chests are out: Clean-shaven torsos in - Jul 18, 2012
- Philips launches bodygroom product for men - Jul 20, 2012
- Blonde women earn more than brunettes or redheads - Dec 28, 2010
- Oz women spend 6 days a year looking into the mirror! - Nov 07, 2010
- Arjun Rampal shaves with 150 people to attempt world record - Mar 11, 2011
- Women spend 13 days to prepare for office Christmas parties! - Dec 02, 2009
- Blondes spend more time getting ready than brunettes - Oct 08, 2009
- Asin gets adventurous - goes paragliding! (Movie Snippets) - Mar 01, 2012
- Sydney women are high maintenance, more sophisticated - Oct 29, 2010
- Bald and beautiful: Women take the bold cut (Feature) - Nov 14, 2011
- Neha Dhupia prefers clean-shaven men - Apr 19, 2012
- Women spend more on looks than health - Jan 30, 2011
- Perry to promote hair styling brand - Mar 08, 2011
Tags: armpits, average man, bikini line, comins, contrary to popular belief, couple of minutes, cristiano ronaldo, daily express, david beckham, grooming products, liam gallagher, london feb, morning men, pence, reason men, ronaldo, russell crowe, superdrug, survey also found that, zac efron