Men have lost the art of wooingApril 15th, 2011 - 9:14 am ICT by IANS
London, April 15 (IANS) Romance is on the way to its deathbed as men have forgotten the art of wooing the female of the species, says a British study.
Most women in Britain have not received a surprise gift from their partner for more than a year, the Daily Express reported.
And one woman in five has given up waiting for flowers, and buys her own.
A survey of 1,176 adults in relationships by Sheilas’ Wheels insurance company found that chivalry was fading fastest among young men.
One in 10 men under 25 years of age had passed off an unwanted gift as a present for their partner.
More than half of young women either paid or split the bill on a first date. And only three percent women forgot an anniversary compared to 10 percent of men.
Jacky Brown, of Sheilas’ Wheels, said: “Gifts are an important way of keeping love alive and should be about the thought, not the price.”
- Is romance dying in your relationship? Blame it on your man - Apr 14, 2011
- Reluctance to ask for directions makes men drive an extra 276 miles a year - Oct 27, 2010
- Nearly a third of Brit women workers are now main breadwinners - Oct 29, 2010
- Girls in skimpy summer outfits cause men to crash cars - Jul 30, 2010
- Men spend 276 miles lost on the roads: UK study - Aug 20, 2010
- Brits spend more time driving than socialising with friends, family - Jan 28, 2011
- Chinese minority celebrates own Valentine's Day - Apr 06, 2012
- 1 in 10 Brit men use their partner's cosmetics! - Jan 22, 2010
- Women find chivalrous men 'more attractive' - Oct 23, 2010
- Men chat more than women: Survey - Feb 18, 2011
- Lost on roads, men drive 450 km each year - Aug 20, 2010
- It's true- men too are chatterboxes - Feb 19, 2011
- Women over 50 prefer old-fashioned romance - Dec 29, 2010
- Small films make it to big screen this weekend (IANS Preview) - Jun 27, 2012
- Men dump chivalry to flee sinking ships - Apr 15, 2012
Tags: adults, anniversary, chivalry, daily express, deathbed, female of the species, first date, flowers, insurance, insurance company, jacky brown, london, love, relationships, romance, sheilas wheels, surprise gift, unwanted gift, young men, young women