Mathematical formula decides which tattoo designs will age wellMay 2nd, 2011 - 7:38 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, May 2 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A mathematician has announced that he has devised the formula that will tell how long a tattoo will last on a body. Tattoos are inscribed on cells and as they age, the drawings are lost.
The scientist, Ian Eames, who is a researcher in fluid mechanics at the University College London, announced that the type of tattoo along with the skin type, age, size of the tattoo, and exposure to sunlight determines how long a particular tattoo is going to last.
Tattoo craze has spread across the West. It is estimated that about a third of all Americans aged between 18 and 25 have one form of tattoo or the other. Celebrities have helped pushed the popularity of tattoo in the world. Celebrities like David Beckham, Angelina Jolie and a host of others have some form of tattoo or other.
Tattoos tend to lose their originality after 15 years. Eames says it is the minute details that are lost first when a tattoo starts dispersing. Using mathematical formula, Eames can predict how a particular tattoo will look like after 20 years.
The new formula along with the study has been published in the journal Mathematics Today.
- Mathematical model predicts how a tattoo will change over years - Apr 30, 2011
- Have new formula for cube root, says Agra mathematician - Feb 06, 2012
- Once taboo, tattoos now the new fashion statement - May 07, 2011
- Becks, Jolie tattoos spark Latin craze amongst school kids - Jul 21, 2010
- Indian education needs more flexibility: Indian American mathematician - Jan 22, 2012
- Angelina Jolie And James Haven Paid Tribute To Their Late Mother - Jan 27, 2010
- Angelina Jolie attacked by stalker at Moscow 'Salt' premiere - Jul 28, 2010
- Mathematical formula that predicts 'phantom' traffic jams developed - Jul 10, 2010
- 'Jersey Shore' star Jwoww admires Angelina Jolie - Feb 08, 2011
- Kids will be better than me, feels Jolie - Jan 19, 2012
- Exposed to sunlight, cotton fabric cleans itself - Dec 15, 2011
- President Patil to inaugurate International Congress of Mathematicians - Jul 05, 2010
- Jolie's new tattoo is a tribute to Brad Pitt - May 13, 2011
- Angelina Jolie opens up about her 'body art' - Sep 14, 2010
- Leona Lewis gets horseshoe tattoo - Aug 19, 2010
Tags: angelina jolie, body tattoos, cells, david beckham, drawings, eames, fluid mechanics, mathematical formula, mathematician, mathematics today, minute details, originality, popularity, scientist, skin type, sunlight, tattoo designs, university college london, who is a researcher, world celebrities