Masaba excited about father Viv’s presence at LFW showMarch 12th, 2011 - 7:49 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 12 (IANS) Designer Masaba was excited that her father, noted ex-cricketer of West Indies Vivian Richards, made it to her show at the ongoing Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Saturday. She revealed that her father always had a very good style sense.
He attended the show with her mother, actress Nina Gupta. Actresses Mugdha Godse, Jacqueline Fernandez and Mandira Bedi were also among the houseful audience of her show.
“He winked at me when I took the ramp, that means he is really happy seeing my collections. He has seen my collections online but it’s for the first time he saw any of my shows,” Masaba told IANS after the show.
She used to give Richards style tips in her childhood, Masaba said.
“He is always a very stylish man. He always wore the best stuff. But he used to wear more grey colour so when I was young I used to suggest him different colours,” the designer said.
Masaba’s collection was “Straight from My Soul” which was inspired by the tribes of central Africa which comprise some very structured silhouettes and colourful saris.
“They were independent in my way. There are very strong colour block. It’s my modern take on Massai culture,” she said.
Being half-Caribbean, she has used that culture in her design, Masaba said.
“My structures and my fabrics are very, very Indian. Earlier, it has always been around temples, mythology and such things. This is for the first time I am playing down on my things, using lots of solid colours,” she said.
“Caribbean is part of my culture. I am half-Caribbean. I had just put that half into my collections,” she added.
- Mandira eager to wear Masaba's outfits after delivery - Mar 12, 2011
- Masaba apologises to Gauri-Nainika - Mar 24, 2011
- Dhoti-clad Prateik walks the ramp for Masaba - Mar 02, 2012
- Masaba gives sari a twist, adds a pocket - Mar 25, 2010
- Fusion of Eastern European art, Euro-Asian essence at LFW - Aug 20, 2011
- A potpourri of business for designers at LFW (Review) - Aug 22, 2011
- Designers recreate yesteryear, spiritual charm on ramp - Aug 04, 2012
- Unleash your spiritual side with Krishna, Buddha bags (With Images) - Aug 21, 2011
- Zoa Morani to make first appearance at LFW show - Mar 12, 2011
- Shivan & Naresh, Swapnil Shinde use lasers in LFW show - Aug 07, 2012
- Debarun Mukherjee ropes in Shahana as his showstopper (With Image) - Mar 02, 2012
- Dressing up Bipasha, Deepika, Katrina fun: Gauri-Nainika (Interview) - Mar 14, 2011
- Kangana dazzles in Rajasthani jewellery - Aug 01, 2011
- A debut after 40 years and book in making, Pallavi Jaikishan on a roll - Jul 21, 2012
- Payal Kapoor to revive Benaras motifs at LFW (With Images) - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: actress, actresses, central africa, colourful, cricketer, fabrics, grey colour, gupta, jacqueline fernandez, lakme fashion week, mandira bedi, nina, ramp, silhouettes, style tips, stylish man, temples, viv, vivian richards, west indies