Manish Arora opens Bridal Week with colour, eccentricityOctober 30th, 2010 - 11:22 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 30 (IANS) Ace designer Manish Arora kickstarted the new Aamby Valley India Bridal Week here and his unconventional collection had lots of colour - right from the clothes, hairdo and make-up.
Very unlike a bridal show, Arora’s line was a compilation of his designs from 2008-10. A spin down memory lane with ensembles from his past collections, the themes of the garments varied from Pop Art to Circus and Space age to Art Deco.
Talking about the unconventional garments considering it was a bridal show, Arora told IANS late Friday: “”This was the best of Manish Arora. According to me a bride is somebody who should be happy in what she is wearing. What’s important to them should be that they are personally happy. You necessarily don’t have to wear conventional clothes.”
“When I’ll get married, I’ll wear what makes me happy. I won’t care about what people think about me,” he said.
Even though it was a wedding show, the garments had futuristic silhouettes, varied colours thrown in together and use of sparkling crystallized ornaments with footwear ranging from boots to covered wedges and stilletoes.
The show also comprised knee length dresses, off-shoulders, puffed, cap and cut sleeves apart from scaled dresses, pants and asymmetrical apparel.
- A mix of nature, fashion at bridal week show - Nov 01, 2010
- Dia Mirza makes a lovely bride in white on ramp - Oct 30, 2010
- Indian couture all about bridal wear: Manish Arora (With Image) - Aug 11, 2012
- Manish Malhotra concludes Bridal Week in style - Nov 03, 2010
- Sonam Kapoor dazzles at Manish Malhotra's show - Jul 25, 2011
- Amrita Rao walks the ramp for girl child - Nov 03, 2010
- 'Designers compromise on quality to bring prices down' (With images) - Aug 08, 2012
- 11 designers to participate in India Bridal Fashion Week (With Images) - Aug 28, 2012
- Meera-Muzzafar Ali introduce short dresses on the ramp - Jul 23, 2011
- Bridal collection, Bollywood dominated DCW (Review) (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- I believe in presenting India-inspired collections: Manish Malhotra - Dec 13, 2011
- My Paco Rabanne designs to be easily accessible: Manish Arora (Interview) - Feb 22, 2011
- From traditional to sexy - Holi clothes get stylish makeover - Mar 16, 2011
- Who says short girls can't flaunt gowns? (With Images) - Jun 06, 2012
- Neha, Prachi add glamour to Bridal Week - Nov 01, 2010
Tags: ace, arora, art deco, bridal show, compilation, cut sleeves, eccentricity, ensembles, footwear, garments, hairdo, knee length, memory lane, oct 30, ornaments, pop art, s line, shoulders, silhouettes, space age