Manish Arora goes truly Indian for Paris showSeptember 20th, 2012 - 10:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 20 (IANS) Manish Arora is ready to showcase his creations to global fashionistas at the Paris Fashion Week Sep 27, and says he has for the first time prepared a truly Indian-inspired collection for the international market.
“The idea this time for my show is inspired by Indian jewellery,” Arora, known for his quirky, innovative and colourful designs, told IANS.
“Actually I thought about it and it struck me that I haven’t really used a traditionally Indian theme ever in any of my international shows. The collection which I am doing this time is very new.
“I never took traditional Indian jewellery before. Yes, I took the beads, different kinds of embroideries, but they were always done in a way that was visually very global. I thought it was tim to show people the Indian silhouettes and I hope that people would wear them next summer globally,” said the designer, among the few who have a large international appeal.
For his show, which will be sponsored by real estate firm AMR Group, he has collaborated with jewellery brand Amrapali.
What took him so long for taking India to the world?
“I just felt it’s the right time. I am just craving to show people my world. It’s very Indian and I am very proud to show that. I can’t wait. I dont care about the reactions, but I feel it’s time to tell everybody the true Indian silhoutte and jewellery,” he said.
Some of Arora’s past creations have been flaunted by Lady Gaga, Heidi Klum, Beyonce Knowles and Katy Perry.
The elements in the show will be Indian, and it will be intact as a “typical Manish Arora show”, he says.
“It has bling, embroideries, lot of hand work and jewellery,” he added.
The collection, which will have around 34 pieces, will predominantly be in fabrics like cotton voile, silk and crepe.
As part of his strategic tie-up up with AMR Group, Arora is also designing the company’s forthcoming residential projects, to be started in Greater Noida.
- Indian couture all about bridal wear: Manish Arora (With Image) - Aug 11, 2012
- Celebs don't value Indian designers: Farah Khan Ali (With Images) - Jun 30, 2011
- Manish wowed with his collection, B-town loved it too (With Images) - Aug 12, 2012
- Colourful, kitschy Indian fashion a hit abroad - Dec 16, 2010
- Indian fashion in a great moment: Spanish designer (With Images) - Jan 08, 2012
- Sridevi turns muse for Sabyasachi Mukherjee at DCW - Aug 13, 2012
- My Paco Rabanne designs to be easily accessible: Manish Arora (Interview) - Feb 22, 2011
- Designer gives sari the Dutch touch (With Image) - Aug 16, 2012
- Amrapali Jewels nominated for global honour - May 11, 2012
- Manish Malhotra brings curtains down on LFW in style - Aug 22, 2011
Tags: amr, amrapali, arora, beyonce, beyonce knowles, colourful designs, cotton voile, different kinds, embroideries, fashionistas, heidi klum, indian jewellery, international appeal, lady gaga, New Delhi, paris fashion week, residential projects, right time, silhouettes, silhoutte