Mandap, flowers…Katy-Russell set for weekend wedding near RanthamboreOctober 22nd, 2010 - 7:14 pm ICT by IANS
By Anil Sharma
Jaipur, Oct 22 (IANS) A ‘mandap’ is in place, so are the flowers and giant wedding chairs. British comedian Russell Brand and American pop singer Kate Perry are finally set to marry this weekend at a resort near Ranthambore national park, if the preparations are anything to go by!
They are at Aman-i-Khas resort in Sawai Madhopur district, over 175 km from here, and the couple are staying there with friends.
“The wedding preparations are going on at full pace. A mandap is being erected and flowers have been brought from Delhi and two giant wedding chairs have also been brought inside the resort. The wedding, it seems, should happen Saturday or Sunday,” a source
The wedding, he said is going to be performed as per traditional Hindu wedding rites as the couple have asked for a Hindu priest too for performing the wedding rituals.
Perry is also planning to decorate some parts of her body with mehndi, sources added.
Like in a usual Indian wedding, the couple and their friends had a musical party, called ’sangeet’, Thursday night where they danced to some famous Bollywood songs and enjoyed folk dances and songs.
There has been much speculation about the venue of their wedding - with most reports saying it would be held at the Rambagh Palace in Jaipur. But now it seems Ranthambore is where it will be. Ranthambore is known for its tigers and is one of the best places in India to spot the majestic predators.
- Katy-Russell at resort near Ranthambore for engagement - Oct 20, 2010
- Move to shield wildlife from Katy-Russell wedding - Oct 23, 2010
- Brand, Perry dragged to court for flouting wildlife laws - Oct 26, 2010
- Russell Brand and Katy Perry to tie knot in Hindu rituals - Oct 15, 2010
- Brand, Perry to sit on ornate wedding thrones - Oct 23, 2010
- Perry to wear traditional Indian jewellery in wedding - Oct 21, 2010
- Russell Brand, Katy Perry to marry sitting on giant thrones - Oct 22, 2010
- Rambagh Palace has no bookings by Katy-Russell on D-day - Oct 19, 2010
- Russell Brand – Katy Perry Break Their Three Week Sex Ban Post Wedding - Oct 26, 2010
- Katy Perry 'adorned in Indian jewellery as she lands in Indian' - Oct 21, 2010
- Russell Brand gets bullock as wedding gift - Nov 01, 2010
- Russel Brand, Katy Perry: Guests To Visit Wildlife Sanctuary - Oct 23, 2010
- Russell Brand – Katy Perry Declared Man And Wife - Oct 26, 2010
- Tigress found dead in Ranthambore National Park - Feb 09, 2011
- Katy Perry wants privacy ahead of wedding - Oct 20, 2010
Tags: american pop, best places, bollywood songs, british comedian, comedian russell, folk dances, hindu priest, hindu wedding, indian wedding, kate perry, pop singer, predators, rambagh palace, ranthambore, russell brand, thursday night, wedding preparations, wedding rites, wedding rituals, weekend wedding