Man rams tanker into ex-wife’s houseJanuary 23rd, 2012 - 1:36 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 23 (IANS) An estranged husband in Britain made his wife run for life as he tried to blow up her house by ramming it with a fuel tanker.
Christine Billington, 53, fled in terror as husband Hugh, 51, twice crashed the truck filled with thousands of gallons of paraffin into the bungalow before torching the front door, the Sun reported.
As flames threatened to trigger a massive explosion just 100 yards from a primary school, a hero dad leapt into the 25-tonne tanker and reversed it away from the blaze.
Darren Fletcher, who was taking daughter to school, used a fire extinguisher to put out the flames that were already lapping around the truck.
Meanwhile, Billington, a driver by profession for a fuel company, was arrested in a nearby woodland after remaining on the run for three hours.
- Another 26 NATO tankers burnt in Nowshera in Pak following air strike standoff - Oct 07, 2010
- Olympic flame moved and later re-lit - Jul 31, 2012
- 20 NATO tankers torched in Pak's Balochistan province - Jan 15, 2011
- Juan Pablo involved in Montoya crash - Feb 29, 2012
- Engin Kocak drives a burning tanker out of a petrol station to save many lives - Mar 15, 2011
- Seven dead as NATO convoy attacked in Islamabad (Lead) - Jun 09, 2010
- Six NATO oil tankers charred on Peshawar outskirts - Apr 10, 2009
- Four people killed in gas tanker blast - Sep 06, 2011
- Olympic cauldron extinguished for move - Jul 30, 2012
- Man killed while stealing fuel from Mexico pipeline - Apr 18, 2011
- Massive fire at Maharashtra Mantralaya - Jun 21, 2012
- Indian Oil depot fire continues, toll 11 - Nov 02, 2009
- Blast hits Russia-bound Azerbaijan pipeline - Apr 14, 2012
- NATO fuel tankers torched in Pakistan - Mar 17, 2011
- Ford V6 Mustang: 1000 Laps On Bristol Motor Speedway - Mar 22, 2010