Mallya Junior attends LFW show sans Deepika PadukoneMarch 14th, 2011 - 4:00 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 14 (IANS) Although Sidharth Mallya, son of liquor baron Vijay Mallya, and actress Deepika Padukone are usually seen making public appearences together, this time Sidharth came alone to attend designer duo Shantanu-Nikhil’s Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) show.
Sidharth is often seen with Deepika at city events, but at Shantanu-Nikhil’s show, the 23-year-old came solo, although a few other Bollywood celebrities like Urmila Matondkar and Shamita Shetty occupied first row seats along with him.
“Our collection is called Divonics and it is inspired by the super sexy woman of today, who takes centerstage and mesmerises with her iconic presence,” Shantanu told reporters here.
Aimed at the cocktail evening wear, the Divonics collection was a blend of Indian vintage designs merged with contemporary silhouettes.
Bringing in a fluid look of causal, evening wear, which moved into formal glamour silhouettes as dresses, gowns, saris, jumpsuits, bodysuits, tops and skirts in the western genre, the Delhi-based designing duo offered a wide choice in the collection.
The fabrics selected ranged from handloom fabrics like matka silk, brocade, tussore to sheer chiffon, silks and jerseys.
The colour story was a line-up of rustic hues of grey, chocolate, beige and black while the silhouettes were either structured or draped to create feminine ensembles.
- Dia, Sameera cheer for Shantanu-Nikhil - Feb 15, 2012
- A bit of Kanjivaram, dollops of vintage clothes at WIFW (Curtain Raiser) - Apr 05, 2011
- Sonam Kapoor dazzles at Manish Malhotra's show - Jul 25, 2011
- Colours, bling and cuts on WIFW runway - Apr 08, 2011
- Umbrellas and bit of Sherlock Holmes at Pakistan Fashion Week - Apr 01, 2011
- Meera-Muzzafar Ali introduce short dresses on the ramp - Jul 23, 2011
- Get set for the comeback of satin! - Feb 26, 2012
- Wearability factor gets prominence at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- 'Paparazzi' with Umrao Jaan, Lady Gaga at Lakme Fashion Week - Aug 17, 2011
- Indian weddings have become liberal: Shantanu and Nikhil - Aug 12, 2012
- Accessorise or try a bikini sari when on holiday (With Images) - Apr 11, 2012
- Parna Ghose to showcase at Vancouver Fashion Week (With Image) - Mar 20, 2012
- High on creativity, Gen Next designers open LFW (With Images) - Aug 17, 2011
- Shantanu-Nikhil to open WIFW 2012 - Jan 31, 2012
- Shantanu & Nikhil give sports wear a makeover - Mar 07, 2010
Tags: bollywood celebrities, deepika padukone, ensembles, handloom fabrics, hues, lakme fashion week, liquor baron, mumbai, nikhil, public appearences, sexy woman, shamita shetty, silhouettes, silk brocade, silks, skirts, urmila matondkar, vintage designs, western genre, wide choice