Malaysia honours shoe designer Jimmy ChooMarch 31st, 2010 - 12:12 pm ICT by IANS
Kuala Lumpur, March 31 (IANS) The fashion community in Malaysia has honoured renowned shoe designer Jimmy Choo with the Mercedes-Benz Stylo “Most Iconic Fashion Mentor” award.
The Britain-based designer, who specialises in luxury shoes and designer bags, received the award at the Stylo Fashion Grand Prix opening gala here Tuesday.
“I feel very honoured to be given this award. I want to do more for my country as well as contribute to education and arts,” Choo, an ethnic Malaysian Chinese said on receiving the honour.
Choo, who has been training students for the past 13 years in London, said that in the past, shoe-making masters or sifus could be “quite selfish.”
“They would rather not teach and transfer their skills to anyone. But for me, I like to teach because the better my students are, the better I am as well,” The Star quoted him as saying.
- Mumbai to host fashion grand prix - Oct 11, 2011
- Mercedes and Jaypee Sports launch performance driving academy - Jan 04, 2012
- Jimmy Choo to work with Rob Pruitt - Apr 14, 2012
- Chew on this, Jimmy Cheese - Apr 13, 2011
- A dress worth Rm100m to be on sale - Mar 27, 2009
- Joshua Schulman leaves Choo for Bergdorf Goodman - Apr 13, 2012
- After shoes, it's perfume now for Jimmy Choo - Oct 03, 2011
- Mercedes to retail exclusive apparel and accessories - Sep 13, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz sales soar - Apr 05, 2012
- Jimmy Choo's capsule collection of iconic styles - Jun 16, 2011
- Mercedes launches four-door coupe - Sep 08, 2011
- Jimmy Choo wants to buy back shoe chain he co-founded 15yrs ago - Mar 20, 2011
- Mercedes-Benz India to hike car prices from May 1 - Apr 26, 2011
- Mercedes-Benz launches pre-owned car business in India - Jun 28, 2010
- Daimler AG gets RBI nod for non-banking finance company - Apr 25, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,