Mahasweta Devi hospitalisedSeptember 10th, 2011 - 9:02 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sept 10 (IANS) Magsaysay Award winning writer-activist Mahasweta Devi was Saturday admitted to hospital with chest pain and respiratory problems.
The 85-year-old Jnanpith awardee was first taken to the state-run SSKM hospital and later admitted to a private nursing home where she is under the treatment of critical care specialist Subrata Maitra.
“She is stable,” said a doctor at Belle Vue Clinic.
Apart from her literary credentials, she is also known for her work among the Lodha and Shabar tribals in West Bengal.
- Mamata not a fascist, says Mahasweta Devi - Nov 24, 2011
- Fascism proving its meaning in Bengal: Mahasweta Devi - Apr 04, 2012
- A single bill can't eradicate corruption: Mahasweta Devi (Interview) - Nov 10, 2011
- Fulfil promise of withdrawing forces, Mahasweta urges Mamata - Oct 18, 2011
- Mahasweta Devi condemns assaults on principals - Jan 12, 2012
- Mahasweta Devi urges youth to support Binayak Sen - Feb 10, 2011
- Kolkata litterateurs to protest 'persecution' of 'Satanic Verses' readers - Jan 24, 2012
- Mrinal, Mahashweta lash out against Mamata's newspaper ban - Mar 28, 2012
- Mahasweta terms government 'fascist', Mamata fumes - Nov 21, 2011
- Bengal should protect fishermen's rights: Mahasweta Devi - Oct 08, 2011
- Mamata's political rally turns star-studded affair - Jul 21, 2011
- Mahasweta writes to Hasina on jailed workers' leader - Jan 01, 2011
- 'Pained and insulted', Mahasweta quits Bangla Akademi - May 23, 2012
- Hawkers should not be evicted: Mahasweta Devi - May 16, 2012
- Manna Dey, Mahasweta get inaugural 'Banga-Vibhusan' - Jul 25, 2011