Maharashtra minister accused of Chinkara case resignsJuly 7th, 2008 - 7:50 pm ICT by ANI
Pune, July 7 (ANI): Maharashtra Transport and Tribal Welfare Minister Dharmaraobaba Atram, acussed of killing Chinkara, a rare breed of deer, at Baramati near Pune has resigned from the cabinet today.
Atram, a Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) member submitted his resignation to Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh today.
The former minister is alleged to have hunted a Chinkara, an endangered species on June 14 near Pune.
Atram resignation follows a raid conducted at his houses in Gadchiroli and Pune districts by the forest officials.
Remains of a Chinkara were found from his house.
Atram’’s car with red beacon along with two other vehicles had been sighted by the villagers in the area, which led to suspicion over his involvement in the hunting of the deer, an endangered species.
Forest officials had filed a case under the protection of wildlife act and arrested two persons in this connection.
During the investigation the minister’’s car had also been seized and searched. (ANI)
- Ex-minister's bail plea in Chinkara poaching case rejected (Lead) - Aug 30, 2008
- Ex-minister nabbed for poaching Chinkara deer - Aug 30, 2008
- Maharashtra minister resigns over poaching allegations - Jul 07, 2008
- Control rooms to check poaching in Maharashtra - Jul 23, 2008
- No romance for Delhi zoo's bears, deer this winter - Nov 20, 2011
- Birds, animals up for adoption in Haryana - Jan 06, 2011
- Rising deer population a headache for Delhi Zoo - Dec 30, 2010
- Vilasrao should resign: Maharashtra opposition - Apr 05, 2012
- Prithviraj Chavan, Ajit Pawar brace for Maharashtra innings (Night Lead) - Nov 11, 2010
- Pakistan doesn't have a single lion, tiger, rhino - Nov 07, 2010
- Missing in action, Uttarakhand's goral and barking deer (With Images) - May 18, 2012
- Haryana minister leads by example, adopts black buck - Jan 07, 2011
- Three poachers arrested with chinkara parts - Jan 28, 2012
- Rise in number of threatened bird species in the country: Govt. - Aug 25, 2010
- 8 candidates in fray for 6 Rajya Sabha seats from Maharashtra - Mar 19, 2012
Tags: atram, chief minister, chinkara, deer, endangered species, forest officials, hunting, june 14, nationalist congress party, ncp, other vehicles, pune, rare breed, resignation, suspicion, tribal welfare, two persons, wildlife act