Magazine to offer expert buying advice to consumersFebruary 8th, 2011 - 7:08 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Feb 8 (IANS) Which? — a leading British consumer organisation — Tuesday made its Indian debut with a magazine ‘Right Choice’ that will offer expert buying advice to consumers to help them make an informed choice.Yohaan Dattoobhai, managing director at Which? Right Choice, said that it was an independent and unbiased magazine supported by subscription and the sale on news stands.
“In the wake of slick advertising and overwhelming choices, Right Choice provides consumers with a lever to choose better and safer products at competitive rates,” he told reporters.
According to him, the magazine will guide the Indian consumers, who are facing the dilemma of over-choice. It will provide unbiased information and scientific buying advice after conducting independent and rigorous tests on a range of products and services.
“Which? has been helping people in Britain in making smarter choices for more than 50 years by giving expert advice and recommending products and services that stand up to the most rigorous testing,” he said.
The monthly magazine from Hyderabad is published by BGG Information Pvt Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Which?, UK.
This is the first time that Which?, the 53-year-old magazine with 1.1 million subscription, has launched its version outside Britain.
- EU court's ruling can impact film, games telecasts - Oct 04, 2011
- Manufacturers "greenwashing" consumers with exaggerated claims: Study - Apr 29, 2010
- Soon, UK bookstore will offer divorce advice to customers - Apr 08, 2011
- Brit consumer watchdog finds just 8 in 154 salesmen give sound advice - Jan 26, 2011
- Indian, foreign firms eye growing Indian gay market - Jul 03, 2011
- Social networking site to rate grocery shops - Jul 01, 2011
- Social networking site to rate grocery products (Lead) - Jul 01, 2011
- Bill to digitalise cable TV passed by Lok Sabha - Dec 13, 2011
- Elderly couples' safe sex promotion video goes awry - Apr 16, 2012
- Google develops plug-and-play subscription service - Mar 22, 2011
- Cuba to invest $450 mn to boost rice production - May 12, 2012
- 16 million Chinese women married to gay men - Feb 03, 2012
- Panel on soft drinks will be re-constituted, apex court told (Lead) - Feb 08, 2011
- Guide for new Brit ministers includes buying Danish pastries for everybody - Feb 07, 2011
- IBM India to offer efficient energy solutions - Mar 12, 2012
Tags: 1 million, consumer organisation, debut, dilemma, expert advice, indian consumers, informed choice, managing director, overwhelming choices, pvt ltd, right choice, rigorous tests, safer products, subsidiary