Madhuri Dixit turns ‘devi’ for Anju ModiAugust 11th, 2012 - 2:31 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 11 (IANS) Clad in a beautiful lehanga-choli teamed up with a red dupatta and sindoor on her head, Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit turned “devi” for veteran designer Anju Modi at the ongoing Delhi Couture Week (DCW).
“My collection revolves around Bengali literature including ‘Charulata’, ‘Devi’, ‘Parineeta’ and ‘Devdas’. And the common theme about all of these literatures is the depiction of a powerful woman as the central character. That’s why I have focused on the power of woman who is not only lovable but also energetic,” Modi told IANS after the show.
“Madhuri is the epitome of elegance, an intelligent, passionate human being. Even after her marriage, she has maintained her charm and that’s why she is the devi of my collection,” Modi said.
This was the first time that the actress was seen walking the ramp for any designer, and she looked gorgeous in her signature smile teamed up with elegance and panache in her walk.
Husband Shriram Nene graced the front row and cheered for his wife.
Modi’s collection included lehangas, achkans and saris in colours that varied from red, white and black. Muslin, silk, cotton were the prominent fabrics used in her collection.
The designer has been making Madhuri’s outfits for her TV reality show “Jhalak Dikhla Ja” as well. She said they both have been associating for a year now.
“I have known Madhuri for a year now. Like a typical American, she was shopping online and she came across my clothes. When I met her, I found her to be a down-to-earth person. She eventually became my muse.”
Though the actress avoided talking to the media after the show, but her maiden appearance on the ramp surely crowned her as one of the gorgeous looking divas in Bollywood history.
- Bridal collection, Bollywood dominated DCW (Review) (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Sridevi turns muse for Sabyasachi Mukherjee at DCW - Aug 13, 2012
- Manish wowed with his collection, B-town loved it too (With Images) - Aug 12, 2012
- Embroidery, motifs dominate JJ Valaya's couture line (With Image) - Aug 09, 2012
- We're relocating to India: Madhuri Dixit - Sep 18, 2011
- DCW puts spotlight on opulence, grandeur and business (Preview) - Aug 07, 2012
- Madhuri signs Bhardwaj's 'Dedh Ishqiya' - Apr 10, 2012
- I was skeptical about walking the ramp: Sharmila Tagore - Jul 25, 2011
- Walking the ramp is fun for me: Sharmila Tagore - Aug 09, 2012
- Meera-Muzzafar Ali introduce short dresses on the ramp - Jul 23, 2011
- Madhuri Dixit signs Anubhav Sinha's next movie - Apr 27, 2012
- Shakti Kapoor's daughter Shraddha to walk for Anju Modi - Jul 23, 2011
- Shah Rukh Khan, The Real ‘King’ At 56 Idea Film Fare Awards - Jan 31, 2011
- Madhuri's fans name a star after her - Jun 17, 2012
- Couture week gets bigger, better; Madhuri to walk at opener (Curtainraiser) - Jul 21, 2011
Tags: anju modi, bengali literature, central character, depiction, devdas, dupatta, earth person, epitome, lehanga, literatures, madhuri dixit, panache, parineeta, powerful woman, reality show, saris, silk cotton, sindoor, tv reality, veteran designer