Macca-Mills settlement seventh biggest celebrity divorces everMarch 18th, 2008 - 4:29 pm ICT by admin
London, March 18 (ANI): Campaigner Heather Mills’ 23.4-million-pound divorce settlement with former ‘Beatle’ Paul McCartney is among the top 10 biggest celebrity divorces to date, though it stands seventh on the list.
The 84-million-pound divorce settlement reached in 2007 between Michael and Jaunita Jordan was first on the list, reports the Mirror.
While Neil Diamond and Marcia Murphey’s 75-million-pound settlement of 1994 came in second, Steven Spielberg and Amy Irving’s 50-million-pound split was third.
The fourth top divorce settlement was between Harrison Ford and Melissa Matheson, the 42-million-pound settlement finalised in 2004.
Wrapping up the top five were Kevin Costner and Cindy Silva with the 40-million-pound settlement, finalised in 1994.
The top 10 celebrity settlements are:
1) Michael and Jaunita Jordan, 2007: 84 million pounds
2) Neil Diamond and Marcia Murphey, 1994: 75 million pounds
3) Steven Spielberg and Amy Irving, 1989: 50 million pounds
4) Harrison Ford and Melissa Matheson, 2004: 42 million pounds
5) Kevin Costner and Cindy Silva, 1994: 40 million pounds
6) James Cameron and Linda Hamilton, 1999: 25 million pounds
7) Paul McCartney and Heather Mills, 2008: 23.4 million pounds
8) Michael and Diandra Douglas, 1998: 22.5 million pounds
9) Ted Danson and Casey Coates, 1993: 15 million pounds
10) Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall, 1999: 12.5 million pounds (ANI)
Tags: 50 million pounds, amy irving, celebrity divorces, cindy silva, diandra douglas, divorce settlement, harrison ford, james cameron, jaunita jordan, jerry hall, kevin costner, linda hamilton, london march, macca, marcia murphey, mick jagger, neil diamond, paul mccartney and heather mills, steven spielberg, ted danson