Love settles defamation lawsuit with designerMarch 4th, 2011 - 3:04 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 4 (IANS) Rocker Courtney Love has settled her defamation lawsuit with fashion designer Dawn Simorangkir for a reported $430,000.
According to a report, Love has agreed to hand over a sum immediately and will make a series of payments over the next three years.
“The amount of the settlement says it all. Her (Love) reprehensible defamatory comments were completely false and $430,000 is quite a significant way to say I am sorry. One would hope that, given this disaster, restraint of pen, tongue and tweet would guide Ms. Love’s future conduct,” contactmusic.com quoted Simorangkir’s lawyer Bryan Freedman as saying.
Simorangkir filed a lawsuit against Love in 2009 after claiming she was defamed in a series of messages the singer posted on Twitter.com.
The fashion designer accused Love of ruining her business, while the 46-year-old insisted her online comments were opinion.
- Courtney Love to pay over $400K to settle Twitter lawsuit - Mar 04, 2011
- Courtney Love's trial date pushed back - Jan 07, 2011
- Courtney Love sued over comments on Twitter - Jan 06, 2011
- Courtney Love sued by top fashion designer for defamation - Mar 27, 2009
- Courtney Love fires back at libel case - Aug 22, 2009
- Courtney Love to launch clothing line - Sep 28, 2011
- I'm not a social network genius: Courtney Love - May 06, 2012
- Courtney Love ordered to pay $35,000 to former maids - Jun 01, 2011
- Courtney Love sued over $4,000 flower bill - Feb 07, 2011
- Bryan Adams, 51, to become father for the first time - Mar 13, 2011
- Gaga pays tribute to McQueen in new album - May 24, 2011
- Courtney Love goes for classy new look to attract men - Jul 17, 2010
- Courtney Love fuels feud with Lily Allen at NME awards - Feb 26, 2010
- Former bodyguards sue Courtney Love - Sep 12, 2009
- Courtney Love in legal trouble - Jun 27, 2012