Lovato - a role model!August 17th, 2011 - 7:30 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 17 (IANS) Actress-singer Demi Lovato thinks being open about her problems has made her a better role model.
The 18-year-old star who entered rehab last November for three months to receive treatment for her eating disorder and self-harming finds it therapeutic to be open about her ordeal and hopes by publicly addressing her struggles, she can help more people, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“The more that people tell their story, the more therapeutic it becomes. Also, if I’m able to share my story and it helps someone, then I’ve done my part,” she said.
“My fans are dealing with same issues. And if I am a role model, then I need to speak up and be there for them,” she added.
- Demi Lovato saved by rehab - Nov 26, 2011
- Demi Lovato's new album is therapeutic - Jun 04, 2011
- Lovato visits rehab patients - Dec 06, 2011
- Demi Lovato gives up cell phone - Jul 18, 2012
- Post rehab, Lovato still self-harms - Mar 08, 2012
- Lovato's tattoo tale - Dec 04, 2011
- Lovato ready to tour - Oct 10, 2011
- Demi Lovato opens up about her eating disorder - Apr 20, 2011
- Demi Lovato says bullying sparked eating disorder - Apr 21, 2011
- Lovato returns to red carpet - Jul 22, 2011
- Demi Lovato too busy to romance - Jul 13, 2011
- I was a poor role model: Demi Lovato - Jul 28, 2011
- Demi Lovato to be bridesmaid at Tiffany Thornton wedding - Apr 28, 2011
- Kim helped me during tough times: Lovato - Oct 02, 2011
- Demi Lovato has bipolar disorder - Apr 21, 2011