Lonely Planet launches customised guides for Indian travellersSeptember 14th, 2012 - 1:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 14 (IANS) Lonely Planet has launched a series of guides customised for Indians travelling abroad.
The ‘Lonely Planet for the Indian Traveller’, series of 10 books on Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong, Dubai, Bhutan, China, Britain, France and Italy, as also London, was launched Thursday.
The guides are priced between Rs.495 and Rs.595.
The books are written by Indian authors residing in respective countries, who are aware of the Indian travellers’ needs such as value for money itineraries, budget tips, affordable and safe accommodation, etc.
“Indian travellers have different needs and interests while travelling abroad and previously haven’t been catered to extensively in the Indian publishing market. The travel guide series has everything an Indian traveller is looking out for at an affordable price,” said Sesh Seshadri, general manager of Lonely Planet India.
According to Seshadri, the books provide important travel information including must-see sights, shopping destinations, Indian restaurants, local food recommendations, etc.
Produced locally, the guides will sell alongside the imported Lonely Planet series available in India.
“These guides promise better travel planning, richer experience and more memorable holidays,” Seshadri said.
- Revolution, jewellery and food for thought (IANS Books This Week) - Oct 21, 2010
- For those with wanderlust, Delhi Book Fair is the stop - Aug 29, 2011
- Jeffrey Archer, Siddhartha Mukherjee bestsellers again (IANS Books) - Jun 02, 2011
- Airlines focus on package holiday trips to drive growth - Jun 27, 2011
- Two months after launch, Bhutto's book remains No.1 (IANS Books) - Jun 03, 2010
- Archer, Mukherjee perched atop bestseller lists (IANS Books) - May 26, 2011
- Luring day-trippers - Delhi's HOHO buses change gear (Feature) (With Images) - Jul 15, 2012
- Travel Corporation starts luxury train journeys in India - Sep 14, 2011
- Fancy driving from Delhi to Bangkok? Here's how! (With Images) - Sep 07, 2012
- Charter flight holiday packages launched to Bhutan - May 18, 2011
Tags: accommodation, bhutan, budget tips, dubai, food recommendations, hong kong, indian authors, indian restaurants, indian travellers, indians, local food, lonely planet india, lonely planet series, memorable holidays, New Delhi, richer experience, singapore, travel guide series, travel information, traveller series