LoC truck service between India, Pak to start from Oct 21September 27th, 2008 - 1:43 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Sept 27 (ANI): Goods trade between India and Pakistan through truck service will start on October 21 through the Uri-Muzaffarabad road in the Kashmir Valley, and through the Poonch-Rawalakot route on October 28, as hectic preparations are on, on both sides of the international border dividing India and Pakistan, reported The News.
The centre at Poonch, coming up at Rangar near the Chakan-da-Bagh crossing point on the Line of Control, will have truck terminal, godowns, customs and immigration offices, scanning chambers with X-ray machines, weighing bridge and security posts.
The government had sanctioned Rs190 million for the development of infrastructure for cross-LoC trade at Rangar. The first phase of infrastructure will be ready by October 15 at a cost of Rs42.5 million, the paper quoted a Pakistani official as saying.
Although we have very short time, we will complete it by the deadline before the start of the trade, he added.
In a significant decision expanding people-to-people contacts, President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had agreed to LoC trade on Srinagar-Muzaffarabad and Poonch-Rawalakote roads.
Though both sides say that items for trade have been decided, the list of items for intra-Kashmir trade has still not been made public. (ANI)
- Trade across Line of Control picking up - Mar 23, 2010
- Cross LoC trade hampered by barter system, lack of banking (With Image) - Mar 01, 2012
- Home secretary reviews cross-LOC trade at Poonch - May 17, 2012
- High hopes in Kashmir as India meets Pakistan - Jul 24, 2011
- Cross-LoC trade needs financial mechanisms: Omar - Apr 04, 2012
- Jammu and Kashmir traders unhappy over embargo on commodities by Pakistan - Dec 10, 2009
- Indian potatoes and tomatoes for flood ravaged Pakistan - Aug 25, 2010
- Cross-LOC trade helps outsiders more, say Jammu locals - Mar 14, 2011
- Kashmiris threaten to suspend border trade with Pakistan - Jan 19, 2010
- Central team reviews progress of LoC trade terminal - Oct 16, 2008
- Fast-track LOC trade, travel: Mufti Sayeed - Apr 06, 2012
- India, Pakistan open Cross-LoC trade after 60 years - Oct 21, 2008
- First centre for cross-LoC Kashmir trade ready - Oct 17, 2008
- Cross-Kashmir trade mired in problems - Dec 04, 2011
- Preparations in full swing in Kashmir valley for cross border trade along LoC - Oct 01, 2008
Tags: bagh, chakan, customs and immigration, hectic preparations, immigration offices, india and pakistan, international border, kashmir, kashmir valley, manmohan, manmohan singh, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rangar, ray machines, security posts, sept 27, truck terminal, x ray, zardari