Light and sound show to restart in LucknowAugust 8th, 2012 - 3:35 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 8 (IANS) The sound and light show at the British-era Residency, which was stopped a few years ago, is set to resume again here.
The Uttar Pradesh government has directed the tourism department to invite bids to select an operator to upgrade, modernize and operate the show.
The Residency is a group of buildings built for the British Resident General in the 18th century. It was partially destroyed during the 1857 rebellion.
“The light and sound show at Residency was very popular and hence it will be restarted,” Infrastructure and Industrial Development Commissioner Anil K. Gputa said.
He said the show would provide a window to the rich heritage of Lucknow and popularise the various monuments in the city.
- To woo tourists, UP plans helium balloon rides, rope ways - Jun 13, 2012
- Shimla's Mall Road set for cobbled stone makeover (Postcard from Shimla) - Nov 12, 2011
- Light and sound shows to resume in Srinagar - Mar 17, 2012
- Heritage clubs in Delhi schools soon: Dikshit - Aug 06, 2011
- Jantar Mantar at centre of Jaipur tourism (With Image) - Mar 25, 2011
- Tension defused; Delhi mosque site handed over to ASI (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Tension defused; controversial mosque site handed over to ASI - Jul 21, 2012
- Rethinking heritage conservation in India (April 18 is World Heritage Day) - Apr 17, 2011
- Nod for official audit of Shimla's prized Wildflower Hall - Jul 15, 2011
- Himachal to promote heritage tourism - Sep 27, 2009
- British-era Catholic church fading into oblivion - Dec 25, 2009
- Shimla's historic landmarks to get facelift - Feb 19, 2010
- Rs.454-crore ADB loan for Himachal tourism development - Oct 03, 2010
- Single-window clearance for film shooting in Himachal - May 05, 2011
- Camel safari, night viewing, cycle track and boating around Taj Mahal soon - May 04, 2012