Latest self-defense gadget for women - pepper spray disguised as lippy!December 24th, 2009 - 5:42 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Dec 24 (ANI): Criminals will now face a difficult time targeting women, for ladies these days carry purses armed with cosmetics and accessories that double up as weapons.
Fears of violent crimes against women are leading them to stock up on self-defense gadgets, reports ABC News.
And these masked defence mechanisms include pepper sprays disguised as lipsticks and knives that look like hair combs.
“One of the main things that our customers love is that the products don’t look like weapons,” the New York Daily News quoted Carlos Crespo, owner of Cleveland’s Rose Guardian, a self-defence specialty store, as saying.
“If a woman is approached and the assailant thinks the weapon they’re holding is really a cosmetic of some kind, they are likely to approach you in a different way,” he added.
And the hottest-selling product in the store right now is “the cat defender keychain” - a purple feline head with sharp plastic pointy ears that can be used to scrape an attacker’s face.
“It looks like a kitty cat with eyes, and you put your fingers through the eyes and the tips of the ears are the scrapers. It gives you support in the palm of your hand, unlike holding your keys,” said Crespo. (ANI)
- Feline friends can give you allergies - Dec 30, 2011
- Old makeup can cause eye infections, fungus - Mar 15, 2011
- Scientists: "Troops could 'control guns with their minds'" - Feb 08, 2012
- Emma promotes Lancome lipstick - Jan 04, 2012
- How prehistoric sabretoothed cats coped with their oversized teeth - Feb 26, 2011
- Makeup tips for a job interview - Jan 28, 2011
- Make those eyes lustrous - use eye make-up properly - Jan 15, 2012
- Witherspoon always carries her make-up kit - Mar 07, 2011
- Dog gave birth to a kitten? Not a cock and bull story - Jul 21, 2012
- Now, umbrella that protects against rain and muggers! - Sep 16, 2009
- Sofia Vergara feels 'naked' minus makeup - Feb 16, 2011
- Campaign launched against animal testing for cosmetics - Apr 24, 2012
- Marilyn Monroe inspires beauty range - Feb 23, 2012
- Old lipsticks can discolour your lips forever - Feb 25, 2010
- Red alert: Lead found in red shades of lipstick - May 27, 2010
Tags: abc news, assailant, crespo, defence mechanisms, hair combs, keychain, kitty cat, lipsticks, new york daily news, new york dec, palm of your hand, pepper spray, pepper sprays, pointy ears, scrapers, self defence, specialty store, targeting women, violent crimes, york daily news