Laser treatment on rise in USMarch 25th, 2009 - 4:33 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 25 (ANI): Over the past three years there has been a drastic increase in the number of patients seeking laser treatments to take light-years off their faces, says a new American survey.
According to American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS)s annual Procedural Survey, there has been a 456pct increase in the number of males undergoing laser resurfacing, compared to 215pct in females.
Laser resurfacing is performed with a “super-pulsed” carbon dioxide (CO2) laser to minimize wrinkles and lines on the face.
Laser hair removal has also jumped to the overall number two most performed non-invasive cosmetic procedure.
“Cosmetic surgery technology is advancing at the speed of light,” said AACS President Dr Patrick McMenamin.
“As we learn more about the cosmetic uses for lasers, the more patients benefit from effective results and quicker recovery time. It is an exciting time for both cosmetic surgery patients and physicians,” he added.
The top three most performed cosmetic surgical procedures in 2008 include liposuction, blepharoplasty and breast augmentation.
The most popular non-invasive cosmetic procedures were Botox(r) injections, laser hair removal and hyaluronic acid. (ANI)
- Boob job 'most popular cosmetic surgery procedure' - Mar 27, 2011
- Cosmetic surgery cases surge in India - Oct 04, 2009
- More men in US undergoing plastic surgery to 'look good' - Mar 21, 2011
- Australians spend about $1bn annually on cosmetic procedures - Mar 31, 2011
- Scottish men ready to go under the knife to gain edge at work - Nov 07, 2010
- More men going under the knife to look good - Mar 21, 2011
- A cool way to rid your body of flabby bits - Sep 20, 2010
- Cosmetic eyelid surgery improves patients' quality of life - Oct 05, 2009
- Growing number of Malaysian men turning to cosmetic surgery - Aug 22, 2010
- India fourth in plastic surgeries - and experts know why - Aug 13, 2010
- Aussies give Botox, boob job market $45M boost - May 07, 2009
- Removing 2mm around tumours cuts chances of breast cancer returning - Oct 19, 2010
- Help at hand for men with enlarged breasts - Feb 04, 2011
- Dracula therapy: Fighting ageing with your own blood - Nov 16, 2011
- First day, first show: Freshers spruce up with cosmetic treatments - Jul 21, 2012
Tags: american academy, american survey, blepharoplasty, botox, breast augmentation, carbon dioxide, cosmetic procedure, cosmetic procedures, cosmetic surgery patients, cosmetic surgical procedures, dr patrick, drastic increase, laser hair removal, laser treatment, laser treatments, light years, president dr, recovery time, speed of light, wrinkles and lines