Lagerfeld’s fashion adviceApril 27th, 2011 - 8:07 am ICT by IANS
London, April 27 (IANS) Designer Karl Lagerfeld says it’s very important to dress for your shape and find clothes that flatter you.
The Chanel designer thinks one of the biggest fashion mistakes people make is buying clothes that don’t flatter their figure or fit properly, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“Buy what you know works for your body and only buy something if it fits well,” he said.
Lagerfeld also stresses the importance of keeping things simple as it always gives a stylish and sophisticated look, as well as keeping make-up to a minimal.
“Never underestimate the power of a simple T-shirt, jeans and a jacket. It always looks very chic. Lots of women look great with no make-up on, so if you have good skin, keep it bare,” he added.
- Summer corporate wear? Try Peter Pan collar or shirtdress (With Images) - Apr 20, 2012
- Givenchi’s Extreme Art And Chanel’s Casual Collection At Spring Summer 2011 Haute Couture - Jan 26, 2011
- 'Desi Boyz' go from chic to distressed look - Nov 20, 2011
- Focus on brand building at mens week (Review) - Sep 05, 2011
- Monsoon, here they come...in shorts, bright colours, chappals - Jul 11, 2010
- Off with little black dress! Trousers are in - Jul 18, 2011
- Madonna defends Adele - Mar 12, 2012
- Go for jackets, dark colours this winter - Nov 11, 2010
- Nicole Richie obsessed with blazers - Jan 17, 2012
- Retro to Hawaiian with a twist: Summer fashion for men - May 22, 2012
- Loads of money not needed to be well dressed: Lagerfeld - Apr 26, 2011
- From red carpet to flea market - maxi dresses in vogue - Jun 01, 2011
- For designer Kiran, large size clothes are success mantra - Nov 30, 2011
- Dream come true for Malini Ramani with interiors' foray (With Images) - Dec 18, 2011
- Lagerfeld loves Paris - Jul 01, 2011