Lagerfeld only wants designers who drawFebruary 24th, 2011 - 6:43 am ICT by IANS
London, Feb 24 (IANS) German fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld cannot stand designers who don’t draw as he says they’re being “dishonest” about their abilities.The 77-year-old designer spends a lot of his free time sketching down ideas for his new collections and hates it when people who claim to be designers put their name to something they haven’t etched, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“I sketch when I’m alone. I can sketch for hours. That’s when I dream and those dreams become collections. I cannot stand designers who cannot sketch, who send out sketches done by others that they sign their name to,” he said.
“It’s so dishonest. Just because you can drape on a model or mannequin doesn’t mean you are a designer. You must sketch,” he added.
- Loads of money not needed to be well dressed: Lagerfeld - Apr 26, 2011
- Lagerfeld loves Paris - Jul 01, 2011
- Knightley awed by Lagerfeld - Aug 01, 2012
- Lagerfeld wouldn't have wanted ugly daughter - Aug 20, 2011
- Blake Lively takes Lagerfeld's advice - May 06, 2011
- Lagerfeld's fashion advice - Apr 27, 2011
- Lagerfeld praises Kate Middleton - Apr 20, 2011
- Victoria uses own measurements for designs - Mar 30, 2012
- Madonna defends Adele - Mar 12, 2012
- International Woolmark prize comes to India, shortlists 10 designers - May 10, 2012
- Karl Lagerfeld: 'I don't like Pippa Middleton's face' - Aug 01, 2012
- Does Donatella sleep in freezer to look young? - Jul 01, 2012
- Jessica won't marry until she loses weight - Mar 14, 2012
- I leave CDs in microwave: Liam Gallagher - Sep 29, 2011
- Designer Karl Lagerfeld gives Diet Coke bottle a makeover - Mar 30, 2011