Lady Gaga to launch foundation to help youthNovember 3rd, 2011 - 1:41 pm ICT by IANS
London, Nov 3 (IANS) Pop star Lady Gaga, who recently visited India, is all set to launch a foundation to improve youth confidence and empowerment.
Contactmusic.com reports that Gaga has set up the not-for-profit group - Born This Way Foundation - to help people worldwide develop a new standard of care towards one another.
“Together we hope to establish a standard of bravery and kindness, as well as a community worldwide that protects and nurtures others in the face of bullying and abandonment,” she said in a statement.
Her mother, Cynthia Germanotta, is leading and directing the foundation, which will launch in 2012.
Gaga has teamed up with groups including the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation and the Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University to create the foundation.
- Gaga to take own foundation to Harvard - Jan 20, 2012
- Gaga launches poster contest - Mar 30, 2012
- Gaga planning to adopt Indian kids? - Nov 13, 2011
- Gaga plans to meet British Prime Minister - Aug 13, 2012
- Obama names two more Indian-Americans to key posts - Mar 30, 2011
- Lady Gaga launches her own social networking site 'Little Monsters' - Jul 11, 2012
- Gaga takes Oprah to her childhood home - Mar 13, 2012
- Gaga releasing charity stationery - Aug 31, 2012
- Kaushik Basu to head Infosys' science prize jury - Apr 10, 2012
- Gaga defends Adele over nasty remarks - Nov 20, 2011
- David Simon of 'The Wire' Wins $500,000 Genius Grant - Sep 29, 2010
- Gaga to style department store for X-mas - Nov 16, 2011
- Mom accompanies Gaga to control her wild ways - Apr 04, 2011
- Lady Gaga's mother to join her on tour - Apr 05, 2011
- Marie-Therese Connolly wins MacArthur Genius Grant - Sep 21, 2011